Job Title: Intellectual Property Senior CounselLocation: London Salary: Competitive salary with excellent benefits packag
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next-generation technology to each business challenge
We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
"Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us." - Julie Sweet, Accenture CEOAs a Team:
You'll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you're looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you'll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
Accenture seeks a qualified patent attorney with significant years of patent counseling experience to join our global IP team. The candidate we seek has experience working with business leaders and innovators to shape patent strategy and obtain high-value patents. In addition, the candidate should be proactive, organized, and self-directed to build relationships to support the growth of Accenture's IP portfolio. The candidate will also be a valuable partner to our business by helping to develop and implement firm-wide IP strategic initiatives, policies, best practices, and training. As an Intellectual Property Senior Counsel, your key responsibilities include:
- Embeds with the business to gain a deep understanding of key assets and develop comprehensive IP protection strategies, including evaluating assets for patent protection.
- Manages patenting efforts for Accenture business groups by identifying strategic focus areas, mining and harvesting innovations, evaluating the patentability of such innovations, and setting global patent filing strategies.
- Develops effective strategies for patenting business process and software inventions and invention mining and harvesting.
- Manages outside counsel in effectively drafting and prosecuting patents, including reviewing and approving their work on patent applications, amendments, appeals and other responses to Office Actions.
- Counsels and forges solid relationships with inventors and business leaders and finds strategic ways to implement our IP strategy.
- Assists where necessary on the management of operations relating to the patent portfolio.
- Develops and implements IP strategic initiatives, policies, best practices, templates, and training designed to mitigate IP risks and maximize business outcomes.
- Counsels internal stakeholders (such as business clients, other corporate functions, and other legal colleagues) on IP issues.
Read More of the
Qualifications We are looking for experience in the following skills:
What's in it for you:
- European Patent Attorney or fully qualified patent attorney in Ireland, United Kingdom or Germany.
- Significant years of hands-on experience practicing patent law and drafting/prosecuting or managing the prosecution of patents globally, particularly in the areas of business method, software and computer-related technologies.
- Significant experience managing invention mining, harvesting, and patenting efforts in-house or as outside patent counsel.
- Significant experience building relationships with inventors and business executives.
- Proactive, organized, and self-motivated and works well in a fast-paced global environment.
- Committed to collaborating with colleagues in the IP team as well as other stakeholders to achieve shared goals, build relationships, and be a strong team player.
- Skilled in anticipating obstacles and risks, and developing innovative solutions in collaboration with colleagues.
- Ability to provide solid IP advice in a business practical manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage many complex projects successfully, and set and meet priorities.
- Experience performing competitive analyses using global patent data is a plus.
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days' vacation per year, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.About Accenture
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all of these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries - powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. With 509,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises. Visit us at www.accenture.com
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.Closing Date for Applications 28th May 2021Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.