About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior corporate lawyer with the right mix of confidence, vision, experience, skills, and drive to help build the business within the exciting and dynamic environment at FTI Consulting.
The EMEA Legal, Risk & Compliance Team enjoys a challenging and varied workload that covers all legal issues arising from the operation of a professional services business. We strive to support the Business strategy by the prompt delivery of pragmatic, adaptable, and solutions-based legal advice to all levels within the business in EMEA. The role will cover all legal issues arising in a fast-moving, innovative professional services business. What You'll Do
Qualifications & Experience
- Developing expertise in FTI's practice areas and service offerings and building strong relationships with FTI's client-facing professionals in our various EMEA offices.
- Advising EMEA senior management, client-facing professionals, and U.S. Legal, Risk & Compliance team on various aspects of
- Collaborating with members of the Legal, Risk & Compliance Team to develop a best-in-class team that partners with the business in a timely and effective way to drive profitability, business growth, and success.
- Being proactive and adept at engaging across functions and supporting other areas where necessary and communicating with and managing relationships at a senior level.
- Negotiating, drafting, and advising internal clients on a wide range of commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions and maintaining and adapting standard templates that comply with company policies and local law.
- Identifying and analysing current and emerging legal issues and risk and effectively communicate the same and mitigation activities to the appropriate levels of the business.
- Providing or arranging for legal advice on employment law issues and manage employee matters from a legal perspective.
- Reviewing and overseeing litigation and disputes for the firm.
- Supporting major transactions, including M&A and other business development transactions, as needed.
- Working with the Legal & Compliance Team and the Business to identify, develop and implement forms and processes to improve the efficiency of handling internal legal matters.
- Supporting, counselling, guiding, and training junior lawyers in the team.
- Working closely with and managing external legal counsel across EMEA who are handling legal matters to ensure overall quality and value of legal services.
- A high performer who thrives in a challenging and often unpredictable business environment.
- Proven ability to develop excellent partnerships with executive-level leaders as well as being adept at quickly establishing a high degree of credibility, respect, and trust at all levels.
- Strong team player with excellent organisational and communication skills; high energy; a desire to learn; and a commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, be solutions-based, take responsibility and ownership of issues, including making difficult decisions and providing substantiated arguments and reasoning for your position.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to think quickly and practically, and to be able to multi-task, prioritize assignments, cope well with competing deadlines, and deliver high-quality client service.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex legal issues in commercial and compliant, but also creative, business-friendly, and cost-effective ways with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Qualified solicitor, with 8 years' experience at a leading law firm and in-house team.
- Previous experience in the professional services industry and/ or US multi-national would be preferable.
- Additional European languages are advantageous.
#LI-MD1 Our Benefits
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.