Term: Permanent Reports to: COO & Chief of Staff Practice group: Legal Project Management Location: London/ UK Purpose of role
The legal services market is experiencing a period of significant change, driven by growing expectations, new technology and an evolving competitor market place. Our clients are increasingly looking for new approaches to satisfy the needs of their legal challenges.
Dentons' Legal Project Management (LPM) Team is growing and we have an opportunity for a Legal Project Manager to join our London based LPM team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and Chief of Staff.
Our LPMs work alongside our legal delivery teams in a client facing role. You will work closely with Partners and matter teams to manage and co-ordinate the delivery of legal work to solve client's complex legal challenges. Our goal is to focus on all aspects of delivery, process improvement and innovation, providing clients with an exceptional level of service throughout the full matter lifecycle.
We are looking for high performing candidates from either a legal or professional services consulting background who have experience in delivering complex projects and/or implementing change.
You will provide high quality project management support and will work closely with a number of Partners and Associates across the various practice groups within Dentons. You will provide our legal teams with expert knowledge on the use of LPM tools and techniques to ensure that we continually manage the expectations of our clients. You will also:
- Work closely with senior stakeholders across the full lifecycle of matters to define scope, design governance structures, build and set up budgets, conduct planning, monitor progress and financials, conduct risk management, manage resources and work allocation, control scope change and complete reporting;
- Communicate with Partners, matter teams and clients as required;
- Analyse planned vs actual performance at a profitability and margin level and identify opportunities for improvements;
- Understand process, technology, people and data challenges and identify and implement improvements into working practices;
- Collaborate with other departments involved in the delivery process; notably Business Development, Innovation, Accounts, IT & Practice Development;
- Provide matter teams with LPM knowledge and support with tools, templates and legal tech systems;
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of LPM methodologies and processes;
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders and identify opportunities to grow LPM within the Firm.
Required experience, skills and attributes
- A strong academic record, preferably of graduate level;
- Substantial project / process management experience gained within a professional services environment and / or Legal Project Management experience gained within a leading law firm;
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage tasks in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong budgeting and numeracy skills;
- Strong communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills with the ability to confidently interact at all levels;
- Ability to think logically and pragmatically whilst being willing to challenge and question assumptions and propose alternative solutions to problems;
- Competent with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio) and receptive to the use of new technology.
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work. www.dentons.com .Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved. We welcome you to learn more about diversity and inclusion at Dentons.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from candidates with disabilities and support those in the workplace who have a disability. Any disability disclosure will be dealt with confidentially and sensitively and if you want to speak directly to a member of our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If you are interested in applying for this position, we welcome direct applications via our careers page, but if you have any questions beforehand please email email@example.com - Enquiries only please, applications will not be accepted via email .
Please note that we will not accept unsolicited CV's sent to the business, nor will we accept any associated terms of business.