Hutcheon Mearns are partnering with an experienced oil and gas explorer, developer and producer which operates in a variety of locations around the world. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, this business has a flexible and balanced exploration portfolio and is going through an exciting phase of development.
Due to a recent international acquisition, the business is looking to add an Assistant Analyst to provide support to the activities of the Budgeting, Reporting and Analysis team.
Budgeting, reporting and analysis:
- Assist in the provision of complete and accurate budgets, forecasts and variance analysis for agreed Departments, Corporate Activities and Projects, working to timetables on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Assist with variance analysis (actuals versus budgets/ forecasts and actuals vs AFEs) are fully explained and communicated to relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare monthly timewriting reviews and facilitate quarterly approvals for Departments, Corporate Activities, Corporate Projects and assets
- Conduct monthly headcount reconciliation and resolve any discrepancies and administer the Finance Master Resource File
- Support the Business Analysts with Cost Administration tasks including requisition reviews, cost coding and timewriting queries, creation of new Unit4 master data; AFE preparation and follow up approvals; Corporate Planner upload to Unit4 and preparation of budget and forecast reconciliations
Systems and processing
- Actively assist with the review and maintenance of financial systems, processes and procedures necessary to efficiently and effectively report and analyse activities
Compliance and Training
- Assist with maintaining Key Controls, updating documentation, where necessary
- Assist with maintenance of policy, process and procedure documents for areas of responsibility and recommend changes, where appropriate
- Assist with training of Executive Assistants and administration staff on budget coding as part of the requisitioning process
To be successful you will have an Undergraduate Degree, ideally in Accounting, Finance or Economics. You may also be studying towards an Accounting qualification. You will have experience in reporting and analysis, systems and data manipulation and be a proactive, motivated and organised person. Exceptional communication skills are required for this role, as are attention to detail, the ability to work to deadlines and a keen, flexible attitude.
This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to the upstream oil and gas industry and develop new skills while also adding value to a high performing team.