Start Date: 01/09/2021
Pay: Leadership (L1-L3)
Are you an inspiring and imaginative leader seeking new career prospects?
How would you like to work for a school rated 'Good' in all areas by Ofsted, offering exceptional facilities in a brand-new school building?
There has never been a better time to join Aylesham Primary School. This is a very exciting time for our school, as we embark on a journey of positive change and growth.
Due to the expansion and success of our school, we have fantastic opportunities for an Assistant Head Teacher to join our forward thinking Senior Leadership Team from September 2021. This is an exciting and rare opportunity for an existing Assistant Head Teacher looking for a new challenge or an outstanding Middle Leader aspiring to Senior Leadership with a proven track record of classroom excellence, leadership and career development. Experience of Phase/Key Stage Leadership, core subject leadership or leading on areas of whole school priorities is highly desirable.
We are looking for someone who:
- has the skills to guide and advise others in their practice and development
- has proven impact in subject or phase leadership and improvement
- has high expectations of their own teaching and the children
- is a professional role model
- is confident in their understanding of how children learn and commit knowledge to memory
- is committed to high expectations of children's learning and behaviour
- is enthusiastic about the opportunities at our school
- is ambitious, passionate and wants to improve the life chances of all learners
- challenges themselves and wants to continue to learn and develop
- wants to work as part of a team and share new ideas
We can offer you:
- positive, happy pupils with an excellent attitude to learning
- a positive, welcoming and dedicated staff and leadership team
- opportunities for professional development and career progression within the school
- a thriving community with events throughout the year
- a great place to work with a fantastic team who like to have fun!
To find out more about our school, take a look at our school website and Facebook page to have a look at the vast array of learning opportunities we provide.
Phone call / virtual appointments are welcome and highly encouraged. Visits to the school can be arranged (agreed in advance with safety protocols in place).
The interview process with be a multi part interview which may include lesson observations, interview and task(s).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be contacted for an interview so early application is encouraged. We reserve the right to close the advert when we are in receipt of sufficient applications and without notice.
Closing Date: 20/05/2021 at 20:00
Interviews: 26th or 27th May 2021
Information about the school
Aylesham Primary School is a two-form entry primary school in the heart of the Kent countryside, six miles south of Canterbury, serving Aylesham and the surrounding villages.
We offer a highly supportive and dedicated Leadership Team set within a fantastic working environment. Our brand new building boasts first class facilities including a new bespoke library, design technology room, a large school hall and studio for P.E, games, movement and drama.
If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact our friendly school office on 01304 840392.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.