World Leading Energy Company has an exciting opportunity for a Trading Commercial Advisor.
About the Role:
* Support the Regulation team to monitor developments and change in financial services and physical and financial commodity trading market laws and regulations to identify potential regulatory impact, risks and opportunities working with the Senior Advisor Regulation and other functions as necessary
* Support the Head of Regulation to maintaining T&S's relationships with financial regulators and / or trading regulators (exchanges)
* Monitor external Compliance incidents / events and provide details to the Head of Regulation, the Compliance Leadership Team and other senior management as required
* Monitor industry practice with respect to global financial regulation;
• Represent Trading & Supply in trade associations, as appropriate
* Support External Relations / Government Relations teams on regulatory issues;
• Manage FCA approved persons and other-region equivalents, including liaison with the Compliance Training team and HR
* Manage global financial Exchange memberships.
* Develop and maintain a regulatory risk matrix / tracker to provide an overview of how the global financial and energy requirements impact the various businesses
* Support the team with Regulation related queries and issues within T&S
* Collaborate with the T&S Compliance Training team to develop and deliver Regulatory training to the global T&S Compliance team and the T&S business
* Support the Head of Regulation to coordinate responses to any regulator or exchange queries
* Partner as a Regulation SME with other parts of Compliance and other Functions, including Legal, Finance and Audit
* Be an active and effective member of the Regulation Team and cooperate with the other regions to provide seamless advice on regulations to T&S
* Support the preparation of any reporting required by global regulators.
* Navigates through complex regulatory problems by understanding the regulation, listening to different views, identifying the critical issues and articulates the way forward.
* It is expected that the complexity of problems at this level will require between 5 and 10 years' experience in order to propose solutions
* Builds relationships with stakeholders at different levels in the organisation whilst maintaining independence and tenacity of approach
* Communicates complex subject matter clearly and simply and identifies the key messages for stakeholders.
* Adapts communication style depending on the stakeholder audience and comfortable in having difficult conversations.
* Issue management: Identifies, tracks and manages issues and works with stakeholders to resolve problems and continuously improve processes and controls.
* Knowledge of global financial and commodity trading regulations, particularly in relation to the EMEA
* Understanding and experience of commodity markets
* Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering Regulation and White-Collar Crime
* Knowledge of exchange rules relevant to their region
* A sound knowledge of the T&S Businesses (including Crude, Products, Energy, Shipping, Operations and Supply) is desirable
* Robust written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of an organisation, both internally and externally, and engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner with business stakeholders, other compliance team members and other functions.
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely. We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age. Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92759636