Morgan Hunt are delighted to be partnering with Reading Borough Council to recruit a Performance & Contracts Manager to strengthen their Digital and ICT Team in an exciting period of growth. In order to provide their customers with the best Technology offering possible RBC are moving to a new multi-supplier operating model. This team will be responsible for ensuring the service meets customers' needs whilst ensuring it's seamlessly integrated and secure.The role
As a Performance & Contracts Manager you will be responsible for commercial and contract management across RBC's Digital & ICT offering, for managing internal service level agreements and for managing and monitoring the financial performance of their Digital & ICT services. You will combine strong commercial and financial experience with the ability to build effective internal and external working relationships in a fast-changing and dynamic environment.Key Skills
What you get in return
- Awareness of what best practice looks like for services being delivered and what other authorities are doing in the field.
- Knowledge of how to terminate contracts appropriately and legally where necessary.
- Able to support research and comparison into delivery models across both Public and Private Sector, including the development of options, feasibility, and support of business case preparation.
- Established technical writing skills and the ability to develop/support the development of robust Business Cases.
- Awareness of relevant legislation e.g. The General Power of Competence, pricing limitations re cost recovery, use of surplus etc.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to resolve complex challenges and shape future opportunities.
- Show Continual Professional Development in financial industry and practises
- Ability to work multiple complex initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with all levels of internal stakeholder and external suppliers collaboratively and constructively.
- A relevant professional qualification, such as IACCM or an equivalent, recognised business qualification would be desirable.
- Contracts managers with experience working in a public sector organisation would be of particular interest
Salary between £42,821 - £48,847
Plus a range of excellent benefits including:
- 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.