Main Duties & Objective
To provide support to the Connections Manager and wider team at the front-end of energy generation projects. The Connections Assistant will be working with the Connection Manager to:
* Identify viable project sites with DNO's
* Vet & assess potential grid connections and technologies
* Organise and co-ordinate with various external bodies including ICP's
* Deliver shortlisted potential sites for progression to Connections Manager / Exploration Team
* Liaise with internal team relating to costings and viability
The role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to build strong relationships with external parties. The ability to understand and follow a process from initial instruction through to delivery is essential. The role requires a good level of IT knowledge and analytical skill as well as the ability to think pro-actively. Our client are a growing company with an already robust project portfolio and pipeline in place for further generation projects - the successful applicant will mirror the characteristics of the company and strive for success in everything they undertake.
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree qualified or equivalent vocational experience
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to converse and negotiate to suit audience
* Good attention to detail
* Research skills
* Excellent time management
* Organisational ability
* Process driven
Knowledge of electrical systems, power projects, single line diagrams, DNO networks or project management would be beneficial, but not essential. An interest in these areas and renewable technologies would also be beneficial.
Salary & Benefits
* £22,000.00 per annum
* 20 days per annum + all bank holidays
* On-site Parking
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.