Harris Hill are proud to be working alongside a renowned national charity who passionately work for the welfare of children. As an organisation they are making a real difference in many lives and are looking for a self-starting Business Partnering Officer to join their Finance team on a temp2perm basis (initially for 3 months).
Are you good with numbers and a strong communicator? If you are, this will give you the edge in a team where you will be required to oversee 2 finance officers.
The purpose of this role is to:
- provide effective commercial procedures and initiate change.
- be the main point of contact and support for the users of their Finance Information system.
- build partnerships and maintain relationships with budget holders
The main duties of the role will include income & expenditure, data integrity, monitoring & assisting budget holders.
Your responisbities will involve:
- supervising the transactional processing within accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit control and banking.
- ensuring income and expenditure is coded correctly
- taking responsibility of the Sales and Purchase Ledger
- being responsible for balance sheet reconciliations
- analysing Microsoft GP, Management Reporter and CRM
- providing analysis and insight linking financial reporting to business performance
- building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all budget holders and their teams and be the link between the Director of Finance and budget holders
- providing cover for the Director of Finance and resources and the Projects and IT officer when required
To be the successful candidate you will have:
- worked in the accounting department of a UK charity
- experience in a business partnering role
- experience of sales ledger and purchase ledger processing. Including primary financial data (income & expenditure)
- strong and demonstrable IT literacy (especially in Excel)
- strong management accountant skills, able to carry out speedy & accurate bank reconciliations and financial data analysis
- a high level of soft skills i.e. have a proven ability to present information, build relationships, negotiate, facilitate change and resolve conflict
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- a part/full qualification - ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
*** This role is a temp2perm contract for an initial period of 3 months. After this phase, the salary will be circa 40,000 pa ***