* We are looking for someone who is passionate about beauty
* Someone can do acrylic nails, semi-permanent lashes & massage
* Someone who can manage a team as well as provide treatments
Beauty Salon Manager
Beauty Salon Manager sought to manage our client's friendly team at one of the Wirral's leading beauty salons with a generous commission structure, pension, and great training opportunities. We are looking for someone who is passionate about beauty, can do acrylic nails, semi-permanent lashes & massage, who can manage a team (currently 3, increasing to 6-7 as business returns to normal) as well as providing treatments, and work to grow the business over time.
We are willing to look at applications from people who have not yet managed a salon but are ready to step up, it's all about who you are as a person, your character and responsibility.
The Beauty Salon Manager role
Responsible for taking full responsibility for management of the salon & staff, and for meeting or exceeding the targets through staff training and productivity development; salon promotions; and salon service demonstrations.
* Overall sole responsibility for salon management, reporting back to Owner on progress (but not depending on Owner for daily support).
* Have managerial responsibilities including opening and closing the salon, cashing up, dealing with customer complaints and other duties as required.
* To provide a full range of beauty treatments
* Acrylic nails, semi-permanent lashes & massage are essential in this role
* Waxing, manicure and pedicure, tanning and other treatments are desirable
* Working to build the salons business in the coming months to help with its return to pre-lockdown levels and beyond
* Oversee recruitment of further staff members as business increases
* Organise cover for staff if they are unable to work
* Ensure all staff fully follow procedures and understand their daily priorities.
* Deal with any stock and salon maintenance issues
* Welcome all clients to the salon and ensure they are looked after before, during and after each treatment
* To provide professional advice and information to customers including preparation information.
* Promote and sell products and treatments to meet sales targets
* Take part in promotional campaigns
* Use the appointment booking system and diaries of staff
* Answer calls, check emails and deal with enquiries from customers walking in off the street
* Remind customers about forthcoming appointments
* Be able to register new customers and maintain an accurate record of all customer details
The Beauty Salon Manager person/requirements
* Experience at Salon Manager level or candidates with a strong industry background and who are ready to step up will also be considered for the position
* Must be able to provide a full range of beauty treatments:
* Acrylic nails, semi-permanent lashes, & massage are essential
* Waxing, manicure, and pedicure, massage, tanning and other treatments are desirable
* Training in St. Tropez, Décleor and Shellac treatments would be preferred but not essential
Salary & Benefits for the Beauty Salon Manager
£24,000 - £25,000 plus commission based on revenue earned at the salon, to bring it to up to £30,000
Also, a salary review can be considered at the 6-month stage, in line with business revenue
Hours: 40 hours per week
Currently the salon is open at reduced hours and these opening hours will increase as business picks up post lockdown.
Current opening hours are:
Wed - Closed
Fri 9 - 5
Sat 9am - 4pm
The intention is to return to full salon hours, 6 days a week as business develops.
Holidays: 28 including bank holidays, please note holidays are unable to be taken in July or December
Lunch is paid