Elevation Business Support are delighted to be exclusively working with a leading manufacturing business based near Chesterfield in the search for an Assistant Buyer. Supporting the Purchasing Manager you will play a strategic role in building and maintaining a high quality and reliable supply chain manufacturing process.
You will work closely with Commercial, Engineering, Production and the Materials teams and have a proven ability to prepare plan and execute on your own initiative.
The ideal candidate will be CIPS qualified or have 2-3 years purchasing experience in the manufacturing sector or similar.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
* Placing supplier purchase orders for relevant raw materials
* Reviewing of Purchase Orders, stock checks and time phase suggestions
* Expedition of supplier deliveries
* Assisting with Supplier performance monitoring
* looking at supplier pricing and updating accordingly
* Taking part in month end stock take and adjustments to inventory
* Generating download of Vendor Management Inventory monthly or when required
* Assist with customer material queries.
* Supporting with Goods in including receipt entry, management of good inbox and assignment of booking slots
* Working on storing plans for new product with internal teams
* Tracking costs for new projects against budget
Elevation Business Support would be keen to speak with candidates who have the following skills and experiences:
- Ideally, CIPS qualified or equivalent experience in similar sector
- 2-3 years' purchasing work experience in a manufacturing environment (Desirable)
- IT Skills - MS Office applications. Previous use / understanding of an ERP system advantageous
- Understanding of engineering drawings
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Ability to communicate with suppliers and internal Customers effectively
Elevation Business Support is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment Group focusing on positions in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.