Legal Counsel - Treasury
London Salary: £90,000 - £100,000 per annum, plus benefits, including bonus
This role can be based from our office in Cheadle or remotely from London, with occasional travel to Cheadle
We're Together, proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester.
Lending year-in, year-out for over 45 years' we've grown into one of the finance industry's best-kept secrets.
We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities that make our customers' financial ambitions accessible. We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.
Due to changes within the business, we are now looking to hire a Legal Counsel
to join our Treasury team, to be based either from Cheadle or London (with occasional travel to Cheadle) - salary dependant on location.
The Legal Counsel - Treasury will work on various legal matters relating to activities of the Treasury function including the debt raising / refinancing activities of the Together Group. Key Responsibilities
- Working on the group's high yield bond offerings, asset backed funding structures (including securitisations) and other funding transactions
- Managing legal spend and counsel instruction on transactional basis
- Working with the CTO, Director or Treasury and Director of Strategic Finance to provide legal advice on the group's funding structures
- Providing advice and assistance to internal stakeholders on day to day issues which may arise relating to the group's funding structures
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the debt liabilities of the group
- Working closely with members of the transaction execution team in the review, negotiation and execution of funding transactions, refinancing of funding structures and any out of cycle amendments to funding structures
- Working closely with members of the transaction execution team within Treasury to close complex, highly structured, document intensive transactions with aggressive timelines
- Providing advice on the impact of current and forthcoming legislation on structured funding programmes to relevant stakeholders as well as "horizon scanning"
- Assisting with establishment and execution of a group-wide hedging strategy with focus on restrictions of, and impact on, any wider funding structures
- Working closely with external legal counsel and building strong relationships with external legal providers
- Attendance at certain company committee meetings where applicable
- Ensuring compliance with the law and company's policies
- Experience in any one or more of the following: debt capital markets, high yield bond offerings, structured debt securities (including asset backed securities or facilities and securitisations - publicly and privately placed)
- Qualified solicitor of England and Wales with experience in an in-house legal team at a comparative financial institution or investment bank or in private practice with a recognised law firm
- Experience in the specialist lending sector and/or wider financial services experience
- Ability to understand and criticise complex financial structures and recommend alternative solutions where appropriate
- Analytical and logical mind with excellent attention to detail and problem solving capability
- Ability to build strong relationships, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage external legal counsel to effectively deliver legal services to the Treasury function
- Ability to mitigate legal risk to the fullest extent possible in relation to the funding structures
- Personal attributes include good interpersonal skills, team player with ability to ability to work as part of a wider multi-disciplinary Treasury function.
- Robust self-starter with ability to work effectively and flexibly to aggressive timelines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a clear and concise drafting style.
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in derivatives (interest rate and currency hedging) and revolving credit facilities
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. Together has established itself over 45 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.