This role is a 12 month fixed term contract role.
Burberry plc., a global multi-billion-pound luxury fashion business, is seeking to hire a part qualified Accountant. The role is part of Burberry Business Services (BBS) based in Leeds. The Accountant is responsible for execution of specified Record to Report ("RTR") team tasks within the Finance function in the BBS in accordance with agreed service level agreements and key performance indicators. The major objectives of this role are:
- Accurate and timely month-end and periodic reporting, including submissions to Group Finance and Business Partners
- Ensure all compliance and regulatory requirements are met
- Ensure general accounting is accurate and complies with Group accounting policies and local requirements
- Prepare and deliver specific audit requirements (both internal and external).
- Deliver management and statutory reporting requirements.
- Prepare statutory accounts for the assigned entities.
- Continuous improvement of processes and controls.
- Preparation and execution of RTR transactions such as payroll, accruals, prepayments, intercompany recharges, fixed asset, inventory and other GL journal types
- Reconciliation of RTR balances
- Preparation of RTR reports
- Month end processes:
- Journal preparation and execution
- Agreement of intercompany positions
- Preparation and submission of tax returns
- Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts including sub-ledger accounts (e.g. AR, VAT, Inter-company)
- Completion and Submission of BOSS pack per Group deadlines for the assigned entities/Segments
- Completion of half year and year end additional financial information
- Preparation of analyses and support for internal and external audit requirements, liaising with the auditors and colleagues across the business as required
- Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting
- Participation in migration of accounting processes to BBS and support migration of other functions (e.g. PTP, OTC, Procurement, Customer Services, HR).
- Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
PERSONAL PROFILEQualifications & Experience
- Apply understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures.
- Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
- Proactively seeks feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and uses this to inform future delivery of services.
- Part-qualified accountant or willing to start studying for an accounting qualification.
- Experience of BPC, an advantage.
- Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus.
- Worked within a multicurrency environment; understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is a plus.
- Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus.
- Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
- Good Excel skills with experience of working with large data sets.
- Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team and throughout the BBS
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Observes corporate policies and business values.
- Thinks conceptually and identifies and addresses future challenges and opportunities, often in an ambiguous environment.