About PwC's Operate
PwC's Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resources and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of Service Areas including; Financial Crime, Customer Management, Compliance Testing, PMO, Contract Solutions, Finance Solutions, Business Operations, Change Solutions and Technology Solutions. We have over 2,000 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Glasgow and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites. Who we're looking for summary
The Capability and Development team are embarking on a journey to transform the way we deliver learning solutions across PwC Operate. The Capability and Development team research, develop and deliver cutting edge learning experiences across a wide variety of topics. Tomorrow's learners will expect transformative digital and live learning environments, and this team is focussed on providing them.
We are continually enhancing our team with a diverse set of skills and experience, and are looking for an individual with a passion for creating inspirational, engaging, blended digital learning experiences. We are looking for someone who is able to find interesting ways of explaining complex subjects through digital learning and storytelling.
Your skills could include designing and developing web-based learning content, scripting or creating short videos or creating animations. You will have a solid understanding of how people learn, new technologies which enhance learner experiences and you are determined to use digital learning to enhance the learner experience.
This is a role that needs an innovative individual with a great eye for design across different media and isn't afraid to try out new things.
You'll be a curious self-starter, ideally with prior experience in working with technology, innovation or similar projects, programmes or experiential events with a focus on technology. As a leader in the team, you will need to demonstrate a strong breadth and depth of skills and experience as well as experience in leading teams and working with external suppliers, contractors and contingent workers. Key aspects of the role include Customer Relationship Management
- Create, identify and respond to opportunities to provide digital learning design and development support to new L&D initiatives across PwC Operate.
- Prioritise work, in conjunction with other relevant parties, to meet agreed requirements in a timely and effective manner.
- Deliver highly effective digital learning content using adult learning principles and instructional design theory
- Facilitate digital learning design meetings with internal stakeholders for assigned projects
- Provide expert digital learning design consultation on individual projects - overall training High Level Design / interactivity / learning materials / technology (tools & infrastructure) possibilities and limitations
- Research, develop, and implement new technology/tools into our learning programmes
- Demonstrate an innovative and creative approach to learning design and conduct consultations in order to provide an opinion on how to digitalise existing learning products and experiences and articulate how technology could be leveraged to augment learner's experiences
- Work with design facilitators and wider learning design team to agree design approaches and work collaboratively to develop innovative blended learning solutions
- Engage and build your network across L&D, UK business stakeholders and network firms to understand how technology is being used in learning, and develop potential future use cases for emerging technologies
- Develop opportunities to build awareness and understanding of the use of technology in learning across PwC Operate, investing time to share your findings and expertise, and to help drive and demonstrate a digital mindset
- Show willingness and enthusiasm to continually develop new areas of specialisms related to emerging technologies, becoming viewed as a subject matter expert within the function
- Manage and oversee technology risk processes, as well as the procurement and commercial considerations of new and existing technologies
- Build relationships with third parties suppliers and vendors and actively explore their platforms and tools to validate their value based on our learning solution needs
- Oversee video and animation workflows and processes, develop new workflows based on business demands to release capacity
Role RequirementsThe following skills are required for this role
- Make regular contributions to the Academy at Operate team on best practice and process guidance on design and development of new programmes
- Share knowledge with the wider Global PwC Learning & Development community.
- An understanding of and passion for Adult Learning
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in designing and creating digital learning solutions.
- a solid understanding of how people learn, new technologies which enhance learner experiences
- A determination and drive to promote digital learning to enhance the learner experience.
- A great eye for design across different media
- Experience of coaching, supporting and developing team members, sharing knowledge, experience and skills in a collaborative manner
- Customer Service Offering focus at all times - understanding the clients needs and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- The ability to build and strengthen long-term relationships.
- Strategic perspective - ability to keep overall strategies and goals in mind.
- Analytical skills - effective identification of issues and the application of sound conclusions resulting in the right solution, at the right time.
- Proactive follow-up and monitoring - checking progress against targets, reporting as necessary and taking action to resolve exceptions.
- Be a team player, with the ability to help the team out with whatever is required and share learning and best practice with others.
The role will be based in Belfast, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to travel to other UK locations for short periods. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work in other locations will still be considered. What is in it for you?
As we're responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging. We're also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various
other as part of your employment
• Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
• Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
• 25 days standard holiday pro rata.