What you'll be doing
Based in our Beaconsfield office, this is a hands on finance role, leading a small team to provide an accurate, timely and informative financial service to our estates management team:
Skills and experience
- advise on a range of financial matters for the estates team including bad debt write offs, new tenant financial evaluations, VAT legislation compliance and opting to tax properties where applicable.
- lead on the effective use and integration of the MRI Horizon system, ensuring that all users are following the correct procedures and processes to uphold the accuracy of data and achieve efficiencies.
- timely production of the monthly management accounts information.
- prepare and submit the monthly board report including variance analysis and commentary.
- manage the insurance portfolio and agree the starting, closing and adjustment schedules with our brokers.
- preparation of annual accounts for all companies within the investment property portfolio including monthly reconciliations, working papers, supporting spreadsheet and the final statutory accounts.
- manage the auditors in finalising accounts.
What we can offer
- solid and relevant experience in property accounting
- proven experience using a property management system (MRI Horizon, Qube, Yardi, Tramps, etc)
- ideally a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with hands on practical experience
- strong excel and analytical skills
- flexible and enjoys working as part of a fast paced team
- effective communicator with non-finance people in a friendly and helpful manner, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
We expect the best from our employees, and in return we take care of them with a competitive employment package including:
- free life assurance
- annual and long-term bonus schemes
- additional annual leave with length of service
- pension scheme
By becoming part of our team, you'll be given the opportunity to work in a unique environment that combines the friendliness of a privately-owned business with all the benefits of a financially strong company that has stood the test of time.
If this gets you excited and you feel that you might be the person we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you.About us
At Sorbon Estates we acquire, invest, develop, lease and retain commercial property within a South-East holding across several asset classes. We have a multimillion-pound portfolio of assets - nearly 1,300 businesses and families live or work in our properties - and we are expanding further within our region.
We have a small head office of around 30 people and we closely manage, using mainly in-house resources, most aspects of the business. The size of our business and entrepreneurial spirit encourages increased responsibility and we like to think that anyone who works with us can make a difference.
We take our responsibility to our tenants seriously because we believe the future is worth investing in. And we believe yours is too.