Assistant Project Accountant
- Enjoys a fast-past environment and building strong processes
- Builds partnership and maintains strong relationship with organisational leaders to drive growth and enable the achievement of the organisation's strategic financial goals both short and long-term.
- Ensures fiduciary responsibility across the programme by establishing and enabling proper and effective organizational processes, procedures, controls, and records for of all aspects of financial transactions, events, and situations.
- Records the programme's financial records, daily ledger entries, and other financial transactions in accordance with accounting principles so that the general ledger is accurate and up to date for all project accounting and that open book reporting to the client can occur in a timely manner.
- Performs operational activities to assist with accurate and timely close of the books on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis as well as recording, tracking, and depreciation of fixed assets in accordance with the organization's accounting policies and procedures and the related accounting principles
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliation
- Compiles and provides large amount of data to support project accounting analysis and reporting.
- Collects financial information for various financial reports and audit requirements
- Performs operational activities to assist with closing the books on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis as well as recording, tracking, and depreciation of fixed assets in accordance with the organization's accounting policies and procedures and the related accounting principles.
- Work with management and client to review and resolve open issues; includes reporting, working with development team, resolving and sending a closure package
- Provides accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions at the business/functional level.
- Produce ad hoc analysis as required
- Update and track operating indicators and financial metrics to achieve project success driven by Key Performance Indicators
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent (preferred)
- Hold, or be able to obtain a valid qualification within 18 months, from one of the following: Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA), Associate Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA); or Chartered Institute of Management Accountant (CIMA)
- Strong leadership skills to lead / mentor an accounting operations team
- 3+ years of relevant FP&A and/or Accounting experience
- Expansive expertise with MS Excel & Power Point required
- Strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and US GAAP
- Experience with financial systems a plus - e.g. JD Edwards System, Management Financial Reporting and Planning, Oracle Planning & Budgeting Cloud
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify and resolve data issues/needs quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate information across teams; comfortable presenting to executives
Position will initially be remote with trips to satellite offices in the West Midlands and Central Leeds. When a return to office is allowed the position will be based out of our Leeds office.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.