Heard of us?
We're an award-winning bank; backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams.Now is your chance...
Group Change is a delivery function for the group's businesses responsible for shaping and implementing; strategic investments, agile and small change, continuous improvement and internal consultancy.
The role of Programme Manager is really important to us. Operating at a strategic level, you will play a key role in delivering the Payments programme that will help shape the organisation for years to come.
The role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract and when the time is right, we would love to welcome you to our Manchester office. In the meantime you will be based remotely. You'll be made to feel part of your new team by your Line Manager and colleagues through regular contact and virtual interaction. What would your day look like?
What do we expect of you?
- Leading a matrix team of up to 25 professionals across Change, CTO and business areas to successfully deliver complex business and/or technical programmes in line with business area strategies, goals and objectives
- Empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful programmes; setting standards, coaching and assignment managing your team. You will inspire confidence, demonstrate empathy and create a high performing team environment; empowering, supporting and developing your team
- Developing, implementing and updating resource allocations plans and ensuring you have the right resources, in the right roles, with the right support
- Developing and agreeing budgets of £5m+, controlling and reporting, forecast and actual costs against them
- Identifying and monitoring programme risks (issues and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to any other issues that affect the programme
- Consolidating and documenting the fundamental components of the programme the overarching programme blueprint (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities and issues, and quality requirements)
What can you expect of us?
- An experienced programme leader you will be a self-starter, demonstrate infectious energy and drive, and have demonstrable experience of building multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of setting up and delivering Payments programmes which include Swift, Regulatory and Payment Scheme changes as well as working with 3 parties to deliver the right outcome
- You will have role model Programme Management skills and capability, as you will be setting the standards and be seen as an expert within the Change Team from whom others can learn
- You will be unfazed by ambiguity; relish problem solving and exhibit excellent analytical skills, being able to calmly lead a team through programme challenges
- Demonstrable experience in successfully delivering high profile technical and change programmes
- The ability to quickly establish credibility with your team and stakeholders alike, you will command respect and have the ability to create a sense of community amongst project members and confidence with your stakeholders
- Excellent all-round communicator you will be confident speaker , adept at writing high quality papers for Steering, Exco and Board and have outstanding influencing skills with key stakeholders, colleagues, suppliers and external consultants.
- Excellent relationship building skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels including C suite
- A friendly and flexible culture, synonymous with our proposition to our customers.
- A growing organisation that defines itself as being nimble, lean and strong.
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A communicative, accessible and approachable ExCo.
And of course, you will be compensated competitively, with a good range of core benefits and bonus potential. Still Curious?
Aldermore Group was formed by bringing together two very successful businesses, Aldermore Bank and MotoNovo Finance, under the First Rand umbrella. Whilst our parent company operates internationally from their HQ in South Africa, we are a UK-based financial services specialist that supports our customers across a range of products and services.
Underpinned by our strategic blueprint, "backing people to fulfil life's hopes and dreams", we thrive upon saying "yes" to our customers. We respect the ingenuity of entrepreneurs and their startups; we give first-timers a leg-up onto the property ladder; and we open up the lending market to many.
This is where you come in. We are on a journey. A journey defined by a destination; to deliver on our purpose over the course of the next 3 to 5 years.
Join us today and we will make the same promises to you as an employee, as we do to each of our customers. We value your differences; welcoming applications from all sections of society. We continue to build an inclusive, empathetic and creative environment; where your views and contributions will inspire new ways of thinking.#backingyoutobringyourbestAldermore is an equal opportunities employer
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Aldermore will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by HR.
Where a DBS check or CIFAS check is identified as necessary, all application forms, job adverts and recruitment briefs will contain a statement that an application for a DBS certificate or a CIFAS check will be submitted in the event of the individual being offered the position.