Are you an aspiring finance professional looking for a more progressive opportunity within Management Accounting? If you've gained some month end experience but you;re looking for greater career progression within an inspiring team, this opportunity could be just what you've been looking for!
Investigo is pleased to be partnering with a leading British retail brand that are currently looking for a bright and ambitious Assistant Management Accountant to join their successful retail team.
Supporting the Finance Manager directly, you will take ownership over the:
- Preparation and posting of period end journal entries ensuring accurate recording of all costs in a timely manner.
- Complete robust balance sheet reconciliations to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly.
- Investigate and prepare narrative explaining variances to budget and prior year for key expense categories.
- Maintain and improve upon month end processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of reporting
- Supporting the Finance Manager with the preparation of reporting to communicate performance to the management team.
- Identify drivers of overspend, prepare ad hoc analysis and develop recommendations to reduce finance risk.
- Prepare and distribute monthly analysis regarding staff costs and hours
- Develop and nurture stakeholder relationships with both finance and non-finance colleagues to ensure accurate recording of costs and to assist with queries
- Studying / desire to study for a recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
- Minimum 2 years experience working within a Finance team in a high-volume environment.
- Retail industry experience or experience working with multi-site / multi entity cost centers
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and a desire to drive improvements in a fast-paced and pioneering business.
- Excellent numeracy and IT skills including strong Excel with a thorough attention to detail.
For more information, please contact Cheryl Aust at Investigo.