Cedar are currently supporting an NHS Trust based in Harlow who are on the look for an Interim Associate Director of Operations to support the Strategy & Planning Team. This role is INSIDE IR35 at a Band 8D level and is in line with NHS Pay Scales offering £420.97 per day (via an Umbrella Company). The role will be a mixture of home and office based on an initial contract duration of 3-6 months.
The Interim Associate Director of Operations will be required to:
- Take day to day responsibility and accountability for operational running of the Division supporting the Divisional Director and ADON to performance manage the clinical and operational teams.
- Lead the Team to ensure national and local targets are achieved and that they meet the needs of the local community and the wider NHS and fulfil commissioner agreements.
- Develop and implement plans to deliver the relevant Trust objectives as required.
- Monitor and manage performance to ensure that patient-centred services are of a consistently high standard.
- Provide leadership and management to both direct and indirect reports.
- Establish strong links with the wider health and social care community by securing their involvement in the effective delivery of services.
- Have a strong knowledge of service improvement methodologies and keep these at the forefront of service developments.
- Ensure that robust capacity planning takes place in Divisions and that proactive capacity management is in place.
- Review and develop plans to manage demand and capacity, work divisions to ensure the collective resources are sufficiently flexible and responsive to address peaks and troughs of activity.
- Monitor demand and utilisation of the bed complement for the division, supporting DD and ADONs in managing throughput and flexing resources (beds and workforce) to ensure sufficient bed capacity to absorb fluctuations in demand, whilst minimising recourse to additional resources outside of financial allocation e.g. agency staff.
Additional information and the full job description for this role can be provided on request.
Candidates applying for this role MUST HAVE:
- Educated to Masters level or significant management experience
- Previous experience at Senior Manager level
- Evidence of CPD plus postgraduate qualification or equivalent experience
- Appropriate professional management qualification
- Participation in Continuing Professional Development to improve and update specialist knowledge
- Significant demonstrable experience of senior operational management in the NHS.
- Experience of managing complex services and teams.
- Detailed understanding and experience of operational management of an acute hospital services.
- Proven ability to manage change, service activity and development within complex organisations.
- Ability to interpret national and local policy drivers that are relevant to the acute Trust, sub economy.
- Experience of planning and implementing long-term strategy.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Experience in successful project management.
- Successful identification and delivery of cost improvement programmes.
- Detailed knowledge of Clinical Governance and Risk Management