The Contracts Manager will be responsible for proactively managing and supporting all sales enquiries and negotiation of customer and vendor contracts. This role requires full contract administration responsibilities, including drafting, negotiating and administering contracts and ability to work autonomously is imperative.
Additionally, the Contracts Manager will collaborate with other functions, such as finance and revenue operations and advise as to the company's contractual rights and obligations, to solve commercial problems, and maintain negotiation records. This role requires providing support needed on negotiations, contractual terms and obligations, as well as other agreed upon deliverables. The Contracts Manager will maintain the department and company's operational performance standards, quality work product in an efficient manner, and departmental initiatives.
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is 100% remote/work from home until we can safely return to the office.Primary Responsibilities
- Contract Negotiation for all modalities (includes Sales, Services and Vendors contracts)
- Proactively support a growing sales team in all contract related issues, including negotiation contract terms and advising on commercial special terms when needed.
- Provide support to and collaborate with other functions such as HR, recruitment, finance and revenue operations when needed, in reviewing contractual terms with other third parties such as vendors and employees.
- Lead contract negotiations with customers and vendors alike, ensuring that compliance is achieved, and consistency of contractual obligations are met.
- Provide support and feedback in the development and implementation of cross jurisdictional department processes and procedures.
- Provide ongoing support to the department and company including but not limited to leading any required special projects, reporting, distribution of contract templates to sales.
- Collaborate with the management team to support the development and implementation of
- the operational infrastructure designed to accommodate the business' growth objectives.
- Deliver quality results with a continuous view of department and company objectives.
- Accountable for meeting business targets and timelines, by proactively driving contracts and files to completion
- Responsible for driving sales, finance, legal, and other contributors to conclude contracting and meet forecast by quarterbacking contracting initiatives
- Able to prioritize workload autonomously and manage overlapping and coinciding deadlines in high volume and high pace environment
- Show effective stakeholder management, project management, time management, cross functional team leadership, risk management, and change management
- Ability to draft various contract documents including Amendments, Addendums, Make Rights, Service and Sale Agreements, Master Agreements, notices, letters, and other binding and non-binding documentation etc. to ensure compliance as well as meet business and customer needs
- Escalate effectively while actively providing recommendations
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to propose business solutions
- Retain accountability and oversight on overall contract compliance with internal and external guidelines, policies, and legislation
- Provide subject matter expertise and interpretation of contractual terms
- Development, maintenance and compliance monitoring of relevant policies, booking process and revenue recognition matters
- Retain strong legal, regulatory and financial knowledge by interacting with and seeking guidance from the Legal Counsel, in order to keep this knowledge up-to-date
- Training for all relevant groups on contract, corporate and financial matters
- Identify and lead process improvements, develop tools to streamline and increase efficiency, take on projects to add value to the department and organization
- Ability to review complex and extensive documentation to identify key points and debrief executive stakeholders in an effective and efficient manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills ability to build and maintain strong relationships with relevant business teams; strong customer focus and demonstrated commitment to outstanding service delivery.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of diverse individuals; ability to work collaboratively and as part of the legal team that is dispersed geographically.
- Able to respond calmly, creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills, legal research skills, and organisational skills with an ability to demonstrate initiative and flexibility adapting to changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise judgement, think practically, is solution focused, and maintains a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy at all times. Demonstrates a high level of initiative, problem solving and decision-making.
- Takes ownership of large-scale projects and has a strong work ethic. Highly motivated and proactive.
- Deep understanding of contract law ranging from employment contracts, customer contracts, and corporate policies. Familiarity with SaaS contracts and Privacy and Data Protection Laws (GDPR and similar legislation) would be advantageous.
- 3-5 years of contract management experience within the software and technology Industry
- Familiarity with relevant Privacy and Data Protection laws
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word and Excel
- Experience with international contracts
- A legal qualification would be an advantage
We embrace our differences but there are things we share together
- Private healthcare with Vitality
- Private pension
- Various gym discounts (including 50% of Virgin)
- Cycle To Work scheme
- Eye care voucher scheme
- 25 days annual leave allowance (increases to 28 days)
- Perkbox benefit scheme, we aim to reward our PatSnappers for all their hard work as much as we can.
- We aim to get you covered for your working from home set up, so we will give you a 6 months worth upfront allowance to help you set you up for success, after that, you will receive it on a monthly basis.
PatSnap is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees and applicants can flourish.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.