NHS WESTERN ISLES Dental Director Salary 80,072 - 86,388 (per annum) Plus Distant Islands Allowance of 1,074 (per annum)37.5 hours per weekPermanent post
- An exciting opportunity to lead the transformation of Dental Services across the islands to ensure oral health maintains a high profile with the health and social care system
- Lead innovative service development for remote/rural oral health (early focus on remobilisation and recovery)
- Leadership role within the Integrated Joint Board (Western Ilses Health & Social Care Partnership)
- Existing infrastructure includes dedicated purpose-built dental facility at Western Isles Hospital (opened 2011) alongside redevelopment of fully modernised dental facility for Uist
- Opportunity to shape the provision of dentistry in Barra -within the Barra & Vatersay community campus (a 52milion investment)
- Contribute to oral health strategy across islands (Orkney & Shetland)
- Influence national dental strategy across Scotland
- Plus, enviable lifestyle in Western Isles.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Western Isles to lead the transformation of Dental Services across the islands to ensure oral health maintains a high profile within the Health and Social Care System.
The post holder will lead innovative service development for remote/rural oral health, with an early focus on remobilisation and recovery. They will also hold a leadership role within the Integrated Joint Board (Western Isles Health & Social Care Partnership).
The existing infrastructure includes a dedicated purpose-built dental facility at Western Isles Hospital (opened 2011), alongside the redevelopment of a fully modernised dental facility in Uist. There is an opportunity to shape the provision of dentistry in Barra within the new Barra & Vatersay Community Campus.
The post holder will contribute to the oral health strategy across the islands, in partnership with Orkney and Shetland as well as the Western Isles, and have the opportunity to influence the national dental strategy across Scotland.
The island provides an excellent environment in which to live and work, with low pollution, low housing costs and low crime rates. The Western Isles boast amazing scenery and some of the most diverse wildlife in the UK. Outdoor pursuits are easily accessible, with hiking, surfing and cycling being popular pastimes.
The successful applicant will be required to register with the PVG Scheme (Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme).
This post is eligible for relocation expenses. For further information regarding this post, please contact Sarah Gracie, firstname.lastname@example.org T: 07999 421314