We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated and passionate Bid Manager and Writer to lead the Competitive Tendering and Bidding processes on behalf of the Social Interest Group. This role is a key position within the Development, Marketing and Communications team and feeds into every area of the charity. The Bid Manager will be expected to build relationships with commissioners; attend market engagement events; understand the nature of the work the organisation does to support people and getting that across successfully in tenders.
The Social Interest Group (SIG) is a leading UK based charity, providing bespoke person centred social and health care solutions. Utilising strength-based models of working, we specialise in rehabilitation and supporting people who have complex needs, empowering them to achieve their full potential. We deliver social and health care services through our subsidiary charities SIG Penrose, SIG Equinox, Pathways to Independence and SIG Investments.Key Responsibilities:
- To lead the development of bid responses, including bid structure, content and responses, ensuring tenders are submitted on time and achieve highest scores by the evaluator(s)
- Writing of high-quality competitive tenders and proposals
- Line management of Marketing and Bid Coordinator
- Understanding the current market and feeding information to guide strategic planning
- Supporting colleagues within the development team to develop products, funding bids or proposals to grow the works of the SIG
Why work for us:
- Experience of successfully writing tenders that have resulted in significant wins both financially and strategically
- Track record in Bid Management and of planning and developing compliant and successful proposals/bids
- Substantial Bid Management experience, including a proven track record of successfully securing new work or retaining existing contracts
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and demonstrable experience of building relationships with influential stakeholder.
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills, with significant experience of writing and developing competitive bids and proposals.
- Excellent core and on-going training aligned with personal development plan
- Access to employee assistance programme
- 25 days holiday increasing to 26 days after 2 years and increasing 1 day per year up to 30 days annual leave
- Medi-cash which includes the following:
- Discount gym membership
- Routine eye tests, glasses and contact lenses
- Dental treatment via NHS or Private
- Physiotherapy, Head Massage and a range of other therapies
- Life Assurance