Registered Nurse - In-Patient Unit
Sue Ryder Duchess of Kent Hospice
Liebenrood Road, Reading RG30 2DX
Full time & part time hours available (can be discussed at interview, we can offer long days to complement work life balance)
£25,694-£31,208 pro-rata for part time **Competitive salary, enhancements, continuation of your NHS pension.**
Be there when it matters
There has never been a more important time to provide high quality, specialist end-of-life care to support patients and their families.
Are you looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a real difference within your community?
We'd love you to join us at our Sue Ryder Duchess of Kent, CQC Outstanding Hospice and join our well-established team.
Duchess of Kent is a Sue Ryder Hospice based in Reading .We provides expert palliative and end of life care, in a beautiful setting, for thousands of local people each year. We are part of a large charity but have a close relationship within the local community and offer a large range of specialist services to support patients, their families and friends.
About the Role
Our In-Patient Unit establishment works on an excellent Staff to patient ratio.
Day shifts are from 7am to 7:30pm (12 hours).
Night shifts are from 7pm to 7:30am (12 hours), on a full rotation basis.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised care using evidence-based guidelines
• Maintain high standards of care delivery by working collaboratively within regulatory body standards and the Sue Ryder Quality Governance Policy
• Provide support, leadership appraisal and supervision to team members as appropriate
• Act as an ambassador of Sue Ryder to service users and their relatives, colleagues and members of the public
• You will be an NMC registered nurse, with post-registration experience in palliative end of life care
• You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work well within a team, use initiative and have excellent communication skills.
The successful applicants will play an active role within our team. It's all about giving our patients the best possible quality of life. The support we offer is tailored to meet individuals' medical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
o 8.00 pm to 6.00 am (nights) 30%
o Friday midnight to Sunday midnight (weekends) 45%
o Public Holidays 24 hours midnight to midnight 60%
•Company pension scheme
•25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
•Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
•Enhanced sick pay
•Continuation of NHS pension (T&Cs apply)
•NHS holiday honoured (Up to a maximum of 30 days, T&Cs apply)
For more details please visit https://www.sueryder.org/jobs/why-work-for-sue-ryder
If you want more than just a job, we want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
There when it matters Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that's a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition - we're there when it matters.