LOCATION: Swindon or TrowbridgeSALARY: up to £38,000JOB TYPE: Permanent Full timeRole Purpose
To provide a comprehensive compliance and consultancy service supporting the relationship partners/managers to meet client expectations, supporting the organisation to achieve the goals as laid out in the business plan. We are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to lead and manage multiple operations of the tax practice area and to deliver quality tax services.
You will serve as business advisor to our clients aiming at maximizing engagement and achieving qualitative outcomes.Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Ensuring that clients receive an appropriate level of service to meet their business needs by:
- Experience with Trusts, Capital tax and Probate
- Maintaining a productive relationship with all clients in your large portfolio, maintaining regular contact, completing all the necessary paperwork and answering a range of specific tax queries
- Providing both compliance and consultancy services to clients
Working with other managers:
- Researching specialised tax issues as required
- Delegating work as appropriate, ensuring that employees have the appropriate skills and knowledge to complete the tasks, and providing guidance and direction as required
- Ensuring that where you are not the client manager, the identified individual consistently provides an acceptable level of service
- Ensuring that all budgets and timescales are met
Support the development of the business by:
- Provide direction, counselling, coaching, feedback and support to colleagues working on jobs with you as necessary
- Contributing to management meetings as required
- Being proactive in identifying opportunities for the provision of additional services
- Generating new ideas and approaches to client concerns or issues
- Actively supporting all sales, promotional, marketing and networking activities of the organisation either to current clients or targets
Ensuring that data in IRIS Practice Management is kept up to date so that the status completion of all jobs is readily available at all times.
Ensuring that the firm's IT systems and procedures are used effectively and appropriately at all times.
Ensuring that all client work is billed at the appropriate time to achieve billing targets, aiming to achieve the required recovery rates.
Complying with procedure required under Practice Assurance, Money Laundering and Designated Professional Body regulations
Maintaining a CPD record and keeping up to date in order to meet the firm's obligations