The Principal Teacher will be a member of the school's leadership team and will have delegated operational leadership and management responsibility within the whole school, Nursery - P7. The Principal teacher will have 0.9fte responsibility for a class and 0.1fte management and leadership allocation.
- Planning and delivering high quality learning and teaching which takes full consideration of both Equity and Excellence
- Providing high quality coaching and mentoring for stage/level colleagues.
- Managing and leading the development of the literacy curriculum as identified within the school improvement plan
- Contributing to school self-evaluation
- Lead whole school approach to moderation
- Contributing to the development and implementation of all whole school policies
- Working in partnership with parents, specialist agencies and staff as appropriate
To act as a source of contact and communication in the case of the temporary absence of the Headteacher and Depute Headteacher
Applications are invited from suitably qualified GTC registered teachers.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. You will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by Clackmannanshire Council and the cost of this check which will be deducted from your salary.
Clackmannanshire Council welcomes applications from everyone and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to being an exemplar employer with an inclusive culture, developing a workplace environment where all our employees are treated with dignity and respect. For this vacancy, we would welcome applications from ethnic minority groups, who are currently under represented in our workforce.
Should you have difficulty in accessing the documents and wish to request a paper application pack along with an application form please call 01259 452244 (24 hrs) and leave your details along with the reference number of the post.
Please note that if you are selected for interview you will be notified by e-mail.
Please take time to watch our video on Clackmannanshire