Following a recent Future Council Improvement Review, we are seeking a highly motivated Operations Manager to lead on the delivery of an efficient and effective core service offer for Domestic Waste Collection. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis (37 hours per week) and in return will receive a competitive salary of £39,880 - £42,821 per annum.
The Operations Manager role:
With experience of managing front line/logistically-based services, you will lead on the development and delivery of the service operating model working in partnership with a range of key stakeholders to modernise and continuously improve front-line services.
You will be working with operational staff to motivate and develop teams ensuring the delivery of safe, highly efficient, customer-focussed right first-time services. You will ensure operating principles are embedded in front-line practice whilst maintaining service agility to mobilise effective responses to emerging priorities through the adoption of a risk-based approach. You will have extensive experience of challenging the performance of services and be responsible for promoting a clear focus on value for money engendering a truly customer-focussed, performance driven, safety first culture.
Key responsibilities of our Operations Manager:
- Responsible for the effective management of the service including delivery of statutory and nonstatutory operations optimising performance and the cost-effective deployment of resources.
- Manage relevant service projects, co-ordinating resources and ensuring that they are effectively planned, managed and delivered.
- Deliver, monitor and manage service plans ensuring the effective deployment of labour, vehicles and plant to maximise operational efficiency.
- Develop and implement relevant service policies and procedures.
- Design, monitor and evaluate internal operating models developing annual operating plans whilst maintaining effective, timely public communications to ensure the delivery of highly efficient, customer-focussed right first time services.
- Prepare and present detailed and complex reports and information to a range of audiences including senior managers, elected members, employees and members of the public.
- Manage agreed operational budgets ensuring effective profiling, budgetary control and monitoring in line with council standing orders and financial regulations.
Qualifications and Experience we're looking for in our Operations Manager:
- Level 5 Qualification
- Willingness to undertake the Councils Leadership Programme
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
- Experience of planning and managing front line / logistically-based services.
- Experience in performance management, setting targets, plans & monitoring performance and challenging the performance of services to bring about improvements.
- Knowledge of project and change management principles, frameworks and tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of large scale services.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
Skills we're looking for in our Operations Manager:
- Highly developed leadership skills.
- Ability to negotiate, implement and manage change across a front-line operational service embedding a culture of excellence and promoting continuous improvement.
- Able to effectively managing stakeholder expectations whilst remaining responsive to the changing needs and priorities of the service.
- Ability to skilfully and assertively challenge current practice and develop innovative ideas.
- Excellent communication, motivation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence decision makers and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work at senior levels within an organisation, within an Elected Member environment and partnerships, sometimes in areas of tension and conflict.
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure, being self-motivated and able to use own initiative under minimal supervision.
- Ability to produce quality documentation including reports, ensuring they are suitable for a range of audiences.
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021
If you feel you have the necessary skills and abilities to help us to successfully deliver a modern and efficient domestic waste collection service, we would very much welcome your application to become our new Operations Manager.