Job Description Summary
As a Staff Software Engineer in the GE Healthcare Digital software group, you will develop Wall of AnalyticsTM software for UK and European Hospital facilities. By creating command centers in hospitals, this helps our clients deal with patient flow and will improve patient care.Job Description
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator with over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally. We enable clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by our Edison intelligence platform. We operate at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health - digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improving outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world.Essential Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong software development capability and lead a scrum team, with solid communication and analytical skills and with a thorough understanding of product development
- Work closely with the Scrum Architect to implement Hospital Information System integration and data analytics development
- Work as part of the scrum team to implement design tenets and translate functional and non- functional requirements into artefacts, developing quality Java code and SQL stored procedures within a continuous integration environment
- Work with customers and product owners across the business to understand the needs & vision; then translate that vision into demonstrable software.
- Support the engineering leadership in terms of scrum team operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Significant software development experience in a customer facing and continuous integration environment
- Significant hands on experience using the Java, Spring Framework and Spring Boot and related software technologies on a Windows operating system
- Experience in design and implementation of REST services, JSON constructs required within a microservice architecture
- Proficient in Database use and implementation (MS SQL) and writing, using and debugging complex Stored Procedures.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.K. is required. Employment visas will not be sponsored, now or in the future, for this role
- Must be able to travel to US occasionally for training
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bristol, UK (Post COVID restrictions)
- Experience in Hospital Information Systems integration with knowledge of HL7/FHIR standards for interoperability
- Experience with large datasets (Big Data)
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you'd expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you'll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
#LI-ÉK1Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: