Job Title: EC&I Engineer
Location: Hinkley Point B, Bridgwater, Somerset, GB, TA5 1UD
Business Unit: Cavendish Nuclear
Here at Babcock International, we're seeking an EC&I Engineer to join a high performing team based out of our site in Hinkley Point B.
The position would suit an EC&I Engineer motivated to succeed, and comfortable working in a team environment. The role will involve working with a team of engineers and technicians in the completion of cradle to grave installations and modifications to plant and systems as part of a project investment delivery programme.
Such projects may include the following:
• Undertake and supervise electrical / C&I installations
• Amendment of engineering drawings
• Requirements capture and optioneering
• Production of specifications (Functional & Technical)
• Site surveying and scope identification
• Identifying issues / improvements / recommendations to plant and equipment
• Fault finding, testing and commissioning of plant
• Engineering of solutions to given problems
• Investment planning and business justification for projects
This EC&I Engineer will also be involved in the following:
• Production of project programmes
• Creation of work packs including method statements & risk assessments
• Maintaining safety all in works undertaken in line with regulatory and compliance policies
• Generation of health, safety and quality documentation
• Secondary roles within the team as required by the Engineer in Charge (e.g. RoES, Radiological Protection Supervisor)
• Working at height, in confined spaces and within radiological controlled areas
• Basic IT skills required (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
Experience / Qualifications / Skills
• HNC in relevant discipline / Degree in relevant discipline beneficial
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role which will initially be CTC
What else do I need to know?
• All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications / passport / licences must be shown at interview stage.
• We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock / Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Nuclear Engineering, Surveyor, Engineering