Job Description Summary
Responsible for Physical security and Security and Crisis Management (SCM) program for the protection of assets and employees Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Utilizes understanding of industry trends to inform decision making process.Job Description
A GE Gas Power Regional Security Director is expected to conduct the following tasks as part of their normal duty enhancing the GE SCM function: Crisis Management & Business Continuity
Travel Security & Journey Management
- Proactively work on completing National / Site Crisis Management Plans, Site Emergency Response plans and work with Business Security Director to ensure Business Continuity Planning & Impact Preparedness is initiated and completed.
- Proactively plan and ensure that threat-based crisis management drills and table-top exercises with other functions for the designated sub-region are executed in an effective manner.
- Devise plans for Emergency Notification Protocols and ensure that call trees are tested via the GE-Emergency Notification System.
- Ensure that an Incident response strategy is implemented and tested in regular intervals.
- When required, ensure that the Emergency Evacuation triggers are identified and an Evacuation plan for GE staff is prepared and updated.
Physical Security & Risk Assessments
- Ensure Executive Protection protocols are in place that includes review of venues, accommodation, routes, & transport services as you will be required to conduct and manage Executive Protection tasks.
- Follow events that may cause issues for GE travelers in the designated Area of Responsibility and work with the GE Europe Regional Operations Center to communicate with travelers accordingly.
- Maintain and update Country Security Profile briefings for each quarter.
Intellectual Property / Data Loss Prevention (IP/DLP)
- Ensure vetting, monitoring, contracting & management of security service & systems vendors providing Security Guards, Security Systems and Close Protection services for the designated sub-region.
- Conduct Site Risk Assessments for GE sites (new, existing and client sites) in the designated sub-region.
- Ensure that infrastructure designs include Access Controls Systems, CCTV cameras, Physical Guard Forces and Security Procedures according to GE SCM Standards.
- Conduct Security Awareness Training for Site Security Leaders and GE employees as outlined through GE Global Security Policies and as outlined by the GE Europe Senior RSD.
Intelligence / Operations
- Support data analytics, investigations and provide support to IP Councils and the Data Loss Prevention Council (DLP).
- Ensure to partner with CISO/IT, Legal and HR for IP/DLP program implementation in the designated sub-region.
- Support of Compliance operating reviews
- Liaison with local security apparatus, local security networks including embassies, and intelligence agencies in the designated sub-region.
- Work with GE Europe Regional Operations Centers (ROC) to monitor the environment and be provide 1st hand information on Incidents and escalating threats.
- Owns relationship with local and regional law enforcement, security providers, and Federal Agencies.
- Understanding of Security best practices.
- Understanding of Criminal laws and related legislation in Region.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deliver results.
- Ability to use Power Point, Excel and related computer software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to operate effectively at all levels of the Organization.
- Oral and written communication in English and French is essential.
- Self-Starter, proactive, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to maintain confidentiality and handle matters discreetly.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities.
- Effectively problem-solve and resolve a variety of issues and topics.
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues, create solutions and meet deadlines.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse team across different time zones.
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Experience in law enforcement, security or intelligence for governmental agencies or major multi-national corporations.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree or equivalent. Concentration in management, criminal justice, law enforcement technology or similar field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing and conducting international security operations including physical security, investigations, personal protection and crisis management.