£24,380 - £33,958
Higher Executive Officer
Length of employment
COP - Policing Standards
Type of role
Number of posts
Remote (anywhere in the UK)
About the job
Applications for this role are restricted to existing employees of the College of Policing, the Civil Service and officers of a UK police force or UK policing organisation.
We're the professional body for the police service in England and Wales.
Working together with everyone in policing, we share the skills and knowledge officers and staff need to prevent crime and keep people safe.
We set the standards in policing to build and preserve public trust and we help those in policing develop the expertise needed to meet the demands of today and prepare for the challenges of the future.
We have three complementary functions:
• Share knowledge and good practice
We create and maintain easy access to knowledge, disseminate good practice, and facilitate the sharing of what works.
• Set standards
We set standards for key areas of policing which help forces and individuals provide consistency and better service for the public.
• Support professional development
We set requirements, accredit, quality assure and deliver learning and professional development, promote diversity and wellbeing, and help to nurture and select leaders at all levels.
Applications are invited for the post of Joint Operations Policing - SMA.
The selected candidate will support the implementation of evidence-based national learning standards for training in the management of Civil Emergencies including structured debriefing, JESIP, mass fatality response and force compliance with the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. Provide advice and guidance to Forces and related organisations on Civil Emergencies training and exercising matters, including the coordination of peer reviews debriefs and organisational learning.
All applicants must
• Be Constable or Sergeant
• Be a Qualified Trainer or willing to work towards the Police Sector Standard for the training of Trainers: Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training, Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS Level 4) or NVQ Level 4 Diploma in Learning and Development or equivalent.
• Be experienced and a current Assessor or willing to work towards the Police Sector Standard for the Training of Assessors
• Have evidence of commitment to continuing professional development
Please see job description for full details of the role.
Applications will be sifted against the 'Essential criteria' section of the job description
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension
Things you need to know
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check . See our vetting charter .
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Selection process details