We're looking for someone passionate about Paid Search to help develop our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what's possible with the Google Ads, Microsoft Ads and Amazon platforms!
Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries and sizes, and we work very closely with the major search engines to remain at the cutting edge of our field. We're looking for people who are geeks (and proud), have experience managing high-performing individuals and who want to be positive disruptors in our industry.
This role gives you responsibility for overseeing delivery of high quality paid search campaigns across your own client portfolio, as well as managing and developing your own team. It requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space. It supports the development and execution of strategic and tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve our clients' goals. The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams at once, effectively communicate with clients, direct reports and more senior colleagues, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space. Life as a Paid Search Manager at Merkle
A few of the benefits
- Understand client objectives and design paid search strategy aimed at achieving them
- Industry, client and competitive research
- Bid management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing and campaign expansion
- Data manipulation and interpretation for campaign analysis, using actionable insights to improve performance through optimization
- Manage a team of up to 5, including capacity and resourcing, goal setting, performance reviews, coaching and knowledge sharing
- Daily engagement and collaboration with internal teams, search engine partners and client teams
Whether it's the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here - and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
- Experience in Paid Search at manager level
- Experience managing and motivating teams of paid search executives
- Familiarity with Google Ads and Microsoft Ads platforms.
- Whilst not essential, experience using SA360, Amazon, international search engines (e.g. Baidu, Yandex, Naver) or other search management platforms is preferred.
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it 'people-based' marketing, and with over 25 years' experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle's heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world's biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.Additional Information
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.