Senior Service Designer required for a leading Government department on a large tech transformation. Your new company
A prominent Government Department has embarked on a major technology transformation, for which they are seeking a highly experienced Serve Designer to support the IT enabled change programme and transformation initiative.Your new role
As the Senior Service Designer, you will work with the programme team, service managers and other stakeholders to capture the entire perspective of the service, set the vision, build the service roadmaps for the future and contribute to the development of design concepts across the organisation's technology estate.
Key responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Capturing, documenting and presenting holistic user journeys in a clear, engaging way, showing key interaction points and key service change elements
- Overseeing discovery and user research activities to understand the current state of services and identify user needs and pain-points
- Undertaking strategic design and evaluation of services ensuring the business model is feasible and sustainable to achieve strategic business objectives
- Creating and rapidly iterating both digital and non-digital service prototypes
- Understanding user needs and identifying where separate interactions with Government should act as one service that meet that need
- Managing research activities to identify opportunities for organisation efficiency and capability improvement and implementing change management strategies
- Tracking and measuring service improvements to discern impact and delivery of value to users
- Actively promoting and leading on the design perspective in discussions with teams and stakeholders
- Working with technology teams to analyse failures within services and identifying root causes for that failure
To succeed, you will be highly experienced in all aspects of service design, having worked on large and complex technology transformations.
You will offer demonstrated experience in the following:
- Undertaking and overseeing research activities to map the current state of services, and the user experience
- Leading co-design and collaborative workshops with various stakeholders and a proven ability to break down barriers and effect change
- Interpreting evidence-based research and incorporating that into informed decisions
- Aligning teams to strategic priorities including developing future state value propositions, business models, and service principles
- Building design thinking capability into the team and organisational culture
What you'll get in return
- Understanding user needs and tracking interactions to help streamline service delivery and highlight key service changes - both digital and process based
- Utilising, iterating and introducing digital patterns and standards that scale
You will join a leading Government Department, on a large and business critical technology upgrade. This is an initial 6 month contract, with a day rate of up to £550, inside IR35.
As per Government guidelines, this role is initially set up for remote working, before moving to Central London offices.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/92701771