ESG Programme ManagerLocation: Flexible
This is an exciting and newly created opportunity to govern the delivery of our Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) programmes.
ESG is an increasingly important area of our business and key to driving greater value for our stakeholders - employees, customers, suppliers, and investors - in the future. We've done some great things in this space already and have recently recruited our first VP of Social Responsibility and Sustainability to lead the agenda. We are now looking for an experienced and accomplished Programme Manager to define and govern the delivery of our ESG programme to help achieve our ambition of being world-class in the global industrial distribution sector and beyond.
This is a critical period in the programme as we define our future approach and key workstreams, set long term goals and develop the contributing initiatives. We are looking for a change maker and a driver to lead cross-functional teams to define, scope, plan, execute and deliver multiple, complex, multi-phased global ESG programmes and projects.
It's a hugely exciting opportunity to create a step change that will lead to a positive impact for our stakeholders, society and our business.What you will enjoy doing to be successful in this role
What you will bring to be successful in this role
- Govern the delivery of the ESG programme across 6 key areas: environment, customers and suppliers, people and health & safety, community, governance, ethics and compliance and stakeholder engagement
- Establish and lead cross-functional teams to define, scope, plan, execute and deliver multiple, complex, multi-phased global ESG programmes and projects
- Work with the VP Social Responsibility and Sustainability, workstream owners and cross-functional teams to define our 2030 ESG goals, set clear programme objectives and create, prioritise and plan a road map initiative to deliver our goals.
- Drive cross-functional team members to develop detailed project schedules and milestones, project plans, budget, scope, timeline and risks/dependencies and risk/dependency mitigation plans to meet programme requirements
- Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of programmes, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Inspire, influence and hold owners accountable to deliver initiatives in their respective areas.
- Produce business cases that justify the initiation and/or continuation of programmes (and/or the projects within them) in terms of benefits, costs and risk
- Collaborate with teams to track, measure, deliver and report progress.
- Embed the focus and importance of ESG into the organisation and the hearts and minds of our people.
The good stuff
- Strong programme management experience and a focus on delivery
- A drive to deliver change, clarity, and results
- Ability to work across various workstreams and stakeholders to drive business outcomes across multiple business functions and geographies
- Collaboration and influencing skills, and an ability to work at all levels across an organisation.
- A passion for ESG issues and a growth mindset that will enable you to build your knowledge and experience of ESG over time - you do not need to have existing sustainability experience
- Strategically minded but with a willingness and flexibility to 'roll up your sleeves' to oversee the programme, as well as project manage some elements to drive early results and progress
Innovators and pioneers. Rebels and creators. A global organization of optimists and specialists with big ambitions for the future. You can take control of your future here at RS. We offer all the benefits you'd expect to receive in a progressive global business.
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone. In this role, we can confidently offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely - from home or any other work location
- Working flexibly - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. If you need some flexibility, please just ask us and we'll be happy to discuss it with you.
Grow in our learning and inclusive culture and be rewarded for your success. Whoever you are, whatever you do and wherever you are; it all starts here. Are you ready to explore the possibilities?We are RS
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where people thrive. We recognise that a diverse and representative workforce is critical to our success, and our aim is to create a business where people can be their best selves. Our employees expect this as a matter of course and it is fundamental to how we attract, develop, and hold on to the best talent.
We recruit and develop employees who are the best suited to the requirements of the job role, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We believe everyone should be able to bring their true self to work and be given the opportunities to succeed, find out more here. If you require any adjustments during this process to ensure you can bring your true self, please let us know.
Increasingly powered by digital technology, we're our customers' one-stop-shop for electronic products and industrial components. We began in a north-west London garage supplying spare parts to radio repair shops back in 1937 and we've kept transforming for over 80 years. Today, we're using digital globally to revolutionise the way we do business and strengthen our position as the people engineers turn to for help, advice and knowledge.
We're proud of what we've done, but we're not sitting back. We're always looking to make the customer experience simpler, faster and easier. We're transforming markets and the impact of technology. We've widened our services portfolio with innovations from procurement and inventory solutions to 24/7 product support.We've been on an incredible journey, but the best is yet to come; are you ready to join us?