Currently based working from home but in the future will require onsite presence in our Wimbledon Head OfficeContract Type:
Full time (35 hours per week)
Domestic & General's purpose is to keep our customer's world running by delivering an essential service that never lets them down. We are on an exciting journey, transforming our business in line with the Group's Strategy outlined in an ambitious five-year plan.
Reporting to the Analytics Manager, the Lead Analysts' role is to lead a team of analysts, providing a holistic view of the customers (c.14m customer) throughout their lifetime at D&G. Through your own analytical work and that of the team, you will be responsible for developing and delivering regular insightful analytics to key business stakeholders.
Over the past year the Analytics Team has had a big focus on the automation of processes we have inherited. This now freed up our time to concentrate on value-add analytics. As a team, we have the unique ability within the business to track customers through all their interactions with many untapped data sources.
It is a really exciting time to join our team as there is a real opportunity for this role to have a huge impact within D&G and help shape the future of analytics.
You will be a motivated, curious and analytically minded person who enjoys driving positive change using data. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running and leverage the data to drive data and insight driven business decisions.About the role:
**Please note that initially, the role will be based working from home but will move to a hybrid model of home and office-based working in the future. About you:
- You will lead team of analysts to achieve the business' objectives across both customer and claims data.
- Be a key contributor to the on-going development of the customer and claims analytics strategy.
- Use the analytical and statistical techniques to develop recommendations and explain these in a way that will influence key stakeholders from across the business.
- Stakeholder management, liaising with stakeholders to understand business problems and providing regular updates.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
In return, we offer:
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile team environment.
- Experience leading a team of Analysts, with strong delivery as well as being results orientated.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to deliver against tight and changing deadlines.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Innovative and pragmatic problem solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of numerical accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of data visualization skills such as Power Bi/Tableau.
- Proficient of a range of programming and statistical tools, for example, R ,Python and SQL.
- Experience of using cloud-based technologies would be desirable e.g. AWS/Azure would be advantageous.
- Strong statistical skills Proven record of producing actionable analysis.
- Experience of utilising statistical techniques to drive recommendations.
- Ability to explain complex analysis to non-technical colleagues clearly and with authority.
- Relevant / numerical degree is required.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan - employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance - employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance - access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing - access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans - interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work - tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing - discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme - specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan - one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts - access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.