About the Role
The Senior consultant/consultants are instrumental members of the strategy practice and transaction teams. You will be actively involved in transaction-oriented work for our clients, working closely with senior members of the team as well as directly with clients. The team is led by a group of highly experienced and diverse set of individuals from investment banks, Big 4, corporate and legal backgrounds, who have significant relationships with leading clients across the insurance sector. In addition, you will analyse financial statements, general economic conditions, industry-specific conditions and developments, acquisitions, divestitures, and various investment attributes of publicly traded and private securities.What You'll Do
How You'll Grow
- Be an integral part of the Strategy and M&A team within the broader EMEA Insurance division, covering clients and prospects to identify and deliver creative marketing ideas and business solutions in support of corporate strategies.
- Assist with the day to day management of transactions and assignments. Research and draft content for pitch books, memorandums, presentations and other projects with minimal oversight.
- Maintain databases of industry-specific transaction and capital markets information.
- Develop financial models to analyse a wide variety of client-specific projects, eg. DCF, DDM, LBO amongst others.
- Support business development activities of the senior team.
- Attend meetings and interact with clients on transactional and technical issues.
- Actively participate in live deals, such as M&A transactions, capital raisings and other strategic advisory assignments.
Qualifications & Experience
- An opportunity to be a part of a great culture with an awesome multi-lingual/multi-cultural team.
- Be tested in a challenging work environment, working with highly successful clients including corporates, private equity firms and others in multiple countries.
- Have the opportunity to collaborate in cross-sell opportunities with different business units.
- Work across multiple jurisdictions.
- Have access to a diverse range of colleagues in several countries with market-leading expertise in their various disciplines.
- Be competitively paid with no limits to promotion over time.
- With the strong growth ambitions you will have significant responsibility and career upside potential
- And hopefully have some fun along the way, especially when Covid-19 is under control!
- Preferably prior work experience in the financial services sector eg investment banking, Big 4, strategy houses or insurance
- Knowledge of and experience in the insurance industry is preferred but not required.
- Exposure and understanding of at least one of the following capabilities/products: Corporate Strategy, M&A, Equity Raising, Debt Raising and/or Transaction due diligence and performance improvement.
- A quantitative undergraduate degree. Focal areas of corporate finance, business management, economics or accounting preferred. High academic achievement.
- Master in Finance, Master in Management, MBA, CFA or equivalent experience in financial services preferred.
- From 1 up to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel. Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products and the Internet. Knowledge of business resources like S&P Market Intelligence (SNL Financial), S&P CapIQ, Pitchbook, Bloomberg is preferred but not required.
- General level of financial knowledge (financial modeling, macroeconomics, current events, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, strong work ethic and teamwork skills. Self-motivated, with a strong desire to excel in a challenging field.
- Good judgment in confidential situations and ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential information.
- Ability to work under time constraints and with limited supervision.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent capability to independently and proactively service multiple clients and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Hardworking and resilient.
- Bilingual language skills preferred
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more. About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes . For more information, visit www.fticonsulting.com and connect with us on Twitter ( @FTIConsulting ), Facebook and LinkedIn .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.