Base Location:Leeds, covering Yorkshire and surrounding area
Salary:Competitive+company car/allowance + performance-related bonus+ a range of other benefits to support yourfamily, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern:Permanent| Full Time|with flexible working options available
What is the Role?
We're looking for a driven individual with building services experience, who understands building management systems, energy optimisation and how buildings work. Someone who is passionate, hungry for success and desires career progression opportunities. The ability to interact with our clients and build relationships is essential as you'll be heavily client-facing. You won't be tied to one office, you'll be based remotely, servicing the Yorkshire region. If this, plus a competitive salary, an excellent bonus package and the option of a company car or car allowance sounds appealing then read on.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- With the support of the estimating team, you'll maximise our very large contract base and well-known brand to generate new business opportunities within the BMS/Building Controls space
- Ensuring our customers and professional design teams select the right products to deliver the buildings they require
- Grow and nurture excellent customer relationships through a consultative and collaborative working approach, utilising your strong sector experience
- Identify new business growth opportunities through gaining a strong understanding of your regional market trends, competitor insight etc.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong sales management/business development expertise within the BMS sector, with relevant technical experience/qualifications
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and be comfortable presenting your ideas and solutions to a wider and varied market
- Strong business acumen with an entrepreneurial approach, proactive in asking the right questions to help deliver excellent results
- A consultative approach and have a thorough understanding of new products to provide our customers with innovative solutions
- A proactive and forward thinking mindset where you can add value to our business and the ability to demonstrate examples of your past and current projects
About our Business
https://sseenergyoptimisation.co.uk/ design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems as part of SSE's Distributed Energy division developing Energy Control solutions for smart places - Cities, Campuses and Industrial buildings.
Working alongside our colleagues across SSE, we provide some of the most critical building and energy generation services required in a Zero Carbon world - renewable energy generation - including solar PV and battery storage solutions, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you?Fromhealth and wellnessto finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday(plusthe option to buy additional days),enhanced maternity and paternity leave,discounted healthcare and a wide range ofoffersvia our SSE Advantage scheme.:
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference.We all have differentskills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you canbe yourself.Wetake pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for thefuture. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
Read more about our inclusion and diversity commitments here .
All applications should be submitted online, it doesn't take long.
If you would like a confidential informal discussion about this role before applying, to discuss anyworking differently requirements oradjustments you may require, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342298.
I'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal recordsand credit check.