An administrator role has arisen in our Group Pension team. The successful applicant will report to our Group Pension Team Leader and will work within a team of 16 people.
The position includes full ownership for the administration of a Group Pension portfolio. The successful candidate will work closely with our administration partners and their designated broker panel to deliver outstanding customer service. Some of the duties & responsibilities involve
Skills, Strengths and Experience needed include
- Effective management of work queues, ensuring prompt & accurate results.
- Build positive relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Consistently demonstrate task ownership and a solution-focused approach.
- Continually monitor and check all risk events have been accurately recorded.
- Ensure our culture of regularly phoning our customers is practiced
- Ensure we meet our obligations under Pensions Act & CPC.
What will you get for this role?
- An understanding of Group Pensions or a background in financial services is required for this role
- Pension qualification an advantage.
- An understanding of the regulatory/legislative framework governing Group Pensions is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly build positive relationships at all levels.
- Good planning and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- A holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days (Pro Rata)
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place that values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however, if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Ciaran Markey in the Resourcing team on (+44)121 234 7660 or Ciaran.Markey@Aviva.com.