Today, a company's value is increasingly reflected not just in its short-term financial performance, but also in its ability to deliver value to multiple stakeholders, including consumers, employees, governments and wider society. How organisations respond to global challenges such as Climate Change and Inequality are critical in how they deliver and demonstrate value to investors and other key stakeholders. The opportunity
In response to this, we are looking for high-performing, innovative and enthusiastic candidates to join our growing team of sustainable business professionals who are building a better working world by helping global organisations to identify, measure, deliver and report on the sustainable business issues which are most relevant to create long-term value.Qualifications:Your key responsibilities
This role will place you at the heart of a high-energy, agile team that is committed to helping clients build long-term sustainable businesses. This opportunity will enable you to work with leading organisations at a senior level to deliver better outcomes on some of the world's most pressing issues. You will interact with EY colleagues globally and work across our different sectors and business activities.
EY's commitment to advancing the focus on long-term value and sustainable business practices across the investment chain is evidenced by its involvement in the Embankment Project for Inclusive Capitalism (https://www.epic-value.com/), which brought together over 30 of the world's leading companies and investors, representing almost $30 trillion of assets under management. The project sought to develop new metrics and a Long-Term Value framework that help businesses measure and articulate the value they create for a broad range of stakeholders. Additional EY content can be found at: https://www.ey.com/longtermvalue/ Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping clients to make their businesses future proof and more sustainable in an ever-changing world where doing business is increasingly shaped by social purpose; climate change; effective governance, innovation, and the creation of long-term value. To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally you'll also have:
- Experience in the application of recognised strategy and sustainability frameworks and problem-solving techniques;
- Strong aptitude for quantitative analysis of how corporates create value for both their stakeholders and shareholders across a wide range of ESG topics (e.g. outcome/impact measurement, SROI, Life Cycle Assessment);
- Ability to think strategically but also identify, develop and implement practical solutions;
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and ability to learn and quickly understand new concepts outside area of expertise;
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients;
- Strong writing, visual and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to contribute to new business development by highlighting potential opportunities for new engagements and responding to tenders
We are looking for individuals from varied backgrounds, but it would be advantageous for you to have many of the experiences below:
What we look for
- Degree in a relevant discipline, for example engineering, sustainable development, environmental science and/or finance and economics; relevant professional qualifications an advantage;
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and trends (carbon, circular economy, social-economic impact) and how they link to business value;
- Experience in the fore mentioned area's: outcome/impact measurement, SROI, Life Cycle Assessment and/or Value Chain Analysis, ESG risk & opportunities analysis;
- Business case modelling: working on complex projects that require knowledge of business strategy, sustainability strategy and operations;
- Working and effectively communicating with team members with different technical and cultural backgrounds;
- Development of other team members by sharing knowledge and informal coaching;
- Proven track record in delivering high quality results / outcomes;
- Prior consulting or industry experience is an advantage.
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision, strategic and analytical mindset and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. Apply now.
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.