Join our Front-end team within the wider experience design team to delivery highly accessible, mobile-first solutions for enterprise-level customers
*Role*We are looking for a passionate, progressive, frontend developer who is committed to maintaining the highest standards of delivery in all areas of the discipline.
You should be an experienced mid-level or recent senior frontend developer keen to integrate into an energetic, motivated and fast paced agency environment where you may need to operate across multiple workstreams - for example project-based development, managed service support and involvement in planning sessions for future projects.
Sitting within Mando's experience team you will play an important role in delivering highly accessible (Level AA), cross device/platform compatible, responsive frontend code - for integration into enterprise scale content-managed platforms such as Sitecore, EPiServer and Umbraco (N.B Platform integration will be handled by Mando backend team) in addition to exciting non-CMS projects (e.g. MyAccount portals and thin client portals)
* Function as lead frontend developer on projects, providing a primary point of contact for the whole team on matters of frontend.
* Responsible for working with the rest of frontend to maintain and progress standards of development whilst demonstrating disciplined alignment to internal coding standards and technology stack.
* Administer pull requests and provide peer code reviews to other members of frontend.
* Articulate reasoning for proposed approaches to development and where necessary provide alternatives based on different resource consideration and budget.
* Providing estimates for front-end work to feed into sales proposals.
* Bring your knowledge and experience into the broader experience design team by providing consultation and input at all stages of design and delivery and where possible assist the rest of the team in its goals to be a strong multidisciplinary business unit for Mando.
* Although this is not primarily a client facing role you will be required to represent frontend for the project team in client meetings on site or at client's offices on occasion in addition to involvement in client agile ceremonies (where applicable) such as daily stand-ups (usually via Skype).
*EXPECTED skills and experience*
* Significant experience within commercial front-end development teams
* You will have advanced knowledge of CSS; the use of CSS pre-processing (e.g Sass, LESS, Stylus) to create well structured, scalable stylesheets; understanding of organisational approaches such as ITCSS and the use of modular architecture approaches like BEM, OOCSS for managing large pattern libraries.
* You will have a solid grasp of modern frontend build tooling with experience of tools and technologies (some examples being npm, gulp, webpack, Babel, module bundling) and be comfortable in constructing build pipelines based around these technologies.
* Understand XHR/AJAX and the use of libraries such as AXIOS to administer asynchronous requests to the server and understand how to process responses.
* Intermediate knowledge and experience of utilisation of frontend frameworks such as Vue, React or Angular.
* Experienced in the use of Git version control to manage and maintain ordered code delivery.
*IDEAL skills and experience*
* Understanding of agile development approach and the application of its ceremonies such as stand-ups, retrospectives.
* Understanding of design systems and development of component-based pattern libraries to support them.
* Use of JIRA to manage project workflow and status visibility
* Handling and optimisation of graphics and other web assets such as SVGs and fonts
* Application of accessibility auditing tools and resolution of problems and optimisation of code for disabled users
* Familiarity with build and deployment tools such as TeamCity and Octopus
* Mando operates a Microsoft technology stack so any understanding of MVC, .net framework, .net core, C#, basic razor templating would be a bonus.
* Enhanced holidays
* Hybrid working, training
* Cycle scheme
* Regular social events
* Aeron chairs & dual monitors in the office
* Initial phone call
* Technical deeper-dive interview
* Possibly 3rd stage presentation