StaySafe provides app-based workplace safety solutions to organisations around the world. Our easy to use solutions help protect the lives of employees within major corporations and small businesses alike, across any industry and over six continents.Our users are at the core of everything we do which is why we strive to keep our solutions user friendly while offering the very best functionality.
*About the role:*
We are looking to add a full-time software engineer to our core product team to help bring our web portals and web services to the next level. You will be responsible for delivering core functionality of our real-time geospatial safety products, and we need your help to continue developing a highly scalable and rock-solid platform using a mix of PHP, Vue.js and MySQL and using a variety of AWS services. We are working on relatively new code bases (PHP 7.4+) following good practices and using static analysis tools. The role is remote, but we also have offices in London and co-workers dotted around the UK.
*Our tech stack:*
* PHP 7 / 8
* Symfony 4+
* AWS (EC2, SNS, SQS, Lambda, Aurora, Redis)
* Bitbucket (for version control and CI)
*You are likely to get involved in all aspects of our technology stack. However, here of some of the things you might do:
* Write testable and maintainable application code to support new features and create new APIs.
* Help migrate legacy projects through testing and refactoring.
* Research and develop POCs.
* Own the services you develop from development through testing and deployment.
* Identify and fix bugs that affect our web services.
* Work alongside our customer success team to provide second line technical support.
* Develop integrations with a third-party service ingesting our data.
* Have three or more years of experience as a PHP developer.
* Are experienced with modern PHP development practices and open source frameworks.
* Like writing tests to ensure code has the expected behaviour.
* Are aware of static analysis tools and mutation testing.
* Are comfortable with web application security and are aware of OWASP.
* Solve challenges involving scaling, reliability and high availability.
* Are comfortable using Git either through the terminal or other tools, such as Sourcetree or GitHub Desktop.
* Enjoy learning and helping others. Engineering is an ever-evolving world. You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet.
* Hold yourself and others to a high standard.
* Solve problems in a systematic way
* Continuous learning and development.
* Being inclusive, supportive and responsible.
* Working with integrity, honesty, objectivity and impartiality.
* Successful candidates must pass a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) security check.
* The right tools to do your job, for example an Apple MacBook Pro and licences for any software you need
* Work from anywhere and flexible hours
* Home office allowance
* Personal development budget
* Pension scheme and life insurance
* Tech phone call(s)
* Culture phone call(s)
PHP, Symfony, SQL, Git, Unit TestingAWS, PHP, Vue.js, APIs, Symfony