Moments of Space is on a mission to eradicate the world's stress and suffering by combining ancient meditative teachings with future-facing technology. Through their mindfulness app, they teach users how to practice shorter form meditation, multiple times throughout the day.
* As the founding member of the backend team, you will be responsible for the architectural and functional development of the Moments of Space mobile app's backend systems
* This will be a Greenfield opportunity with some guidance available from our prototype backend
* You will be required to work closely with mobile engineers, and other business members to translate requirements into well-engineered solutions
* This role offers an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference with responsibilities across engineering practices in a rapidly expanding company!
* Experience building server-side applications and knowledge of the relevant programming languages for your stack
* Sound knowledge of Spring/Spring Boot
* Experience with microservices and implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
* Experience engineering scalable and reliable solutions
* Experience hosting and maintaining an application on the AWS platform
* (Desirable) Exposure to continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
* (Desirable) Comfortable working in agile methodologies
* (Desirable) Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
-We're still deciding what these should be and look forward to shaping them with our early team members, but includes 33 days holiday, pension, new laptop, flexible-working, and more!
* Telephone call
* Tech Test
* Video Call with Founders
Spring, Spring Boot, REST, APIs, AWSSpring, Spring Boot, REST, APIs, AWS, Agile