Job Title: Modelling Project Manager / Senior Transport Modeller Location: Across the UKThe Opportunity
We currently have exciting opportunities for a Modelling Project Manager / Senior Transport Modeller to join our Transport Planning team in the UK to work on a range of high-profile projects in the UK and overseas. You will be exposed to and interact with multidisciplinary teams and the vibrant transport modelling community in Arup globally.
This is an exciting time to join Arup. We are experiencing significant growth in our infrastructure planning business so are looking for talented transport planners to join our national team.
As a Modelling Project Manager / Senior Transport Modeller, you will provide project task leadership and training of Transport Modellers and Planners in the transport planning team. You will act as task leader for modelling elements of major projects or Project Manager for small / medium sized projects. As part of the team you will also be responsible for business improvement and development initiatives with your Line Manager.
This will involve:
Is This Role Right For You?
- Undertaking transport modelling including, but not limited to base model development, calibration / validation, forecasting and development and testing of mitigation scenarios;
- Conducting economic appraisals and assisting in preparing business cases;
- Attending meetings with clients, stakeholders and collaborators;
- Producing technical reports.
Rewards and Benefits
- Experience in transport planning and modelling (e.g. highways, public transport and multimodal modelling).
- Proven experience in at least one of the following modelling suites SATURN, EMME, CUBE, VISUM as well as GIS (ArcGIS / QGIS is preferable).
- Experience of specification, delivery and application of strategic transport models.
- Proven ability to build, calibrate and validate traffic models with minimum supervision and experience in implementing demand models.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of Department for Transport's Transport Appraisal Guidance (TAG)
- Proven ability to act as task leader or Project Manager on modelling projects
- Experience of working with strategic transport clients such as Highways England, HS2, DfT, Welsh Government, Regional Transport Bodies.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Excellent experience in report and proposal writing.
- Experience of team leadership / supervising others
- Project / Task Management and commercial project delivery.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and train / mentor junior staff.
- University Degree / HNC in a relevant discipline (e.g. civil engineering, geography, economics, mathematics or data science).
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical, and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm's financial performance.Shape your time with us
Our goal is to shape a better world. And to do that, we need to make Arup a phenomenal place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the widest talent pool and create an environment that supports and includes them. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their contribution. This includes people with disabilities, so please discuss any adjustments that you may require throughout the selection and assessment process with your recruitment contact.
At Arup, you'll be a welcomed member of the team with opportunities to participate in cultural and social events with the local community (e.g. as a STEM ambassador) or by joining one of our staff networks for women, culture or LGBT+ people. You'll have access to a range of flexible working options - whether you're a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle - we recognise it's not always easy to commit to standard working hours so if you're interested in flexible working, please let us know when you apply, and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.Join us in shaping a better world.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcome all qualified applicants. You will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to sex, race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We recognise that not all disabilities are visible and will make reasonable adjustments to cater for diverse applicants in the selection and assessment process.What happens next?
If this could be the next step in your journey, please apply online. All applications will be considered, and we will try our very best to respond to you within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Stay safe online - Arup will never ask for payment or your bank details as part of our recruitment process