The world has changed. Hybrid working will enable people to have greater flexibility over their lives and businesses to be more productive. Organising people's time is no small task and optimising it is essential to get the most out of hybrid working.
Schej is an innovative three-part solution that harmonises office space and time.
Junior Full-Stack Scala Developer required to work on our core scheduling management software.
You will be the second full-time member of the technical team, so this is an opportunity to join the founding team and have significant input into the technical development of an exciting product with interesting algorithmic challenges.
This role is largely remote (via Slack), with occasional in-person meetings in London.Responsibilities
- Developing our product, a web app using Scala / SBT / Akka and Angular 11, deployed to AWS
- Developing and improving the product's core scheduling algorithms
- Investigating and resolving issues with the product
- Once launched, working with the rest of the technical team in providing tech support to clients
- Participating in online code reviews of other developers' changes
- Participating in daily stand-up meetings via Slack
- Knowledge of Scala, ideally Akka
- SQL database experience, ideally MySQL
- Academic experience in data structures and algorithm analysis
- Experience using AWS or another cloud services provider
- Experience using TDD or BDD and continuous integration
- Experience using Angular 2+ or other TypeScript frameworks
- Experience providing technical support to clients
- Knowledge of Git or other version control systems