We're looking for an experienced and talented Management Accountant to start ASAP, on a fixed term contract until the end of July 2022 to cover maternity leave. As a seasoned Accounting professional, you'll already have experience as a Management Accountant or as a Finance Manager/Director and will be able to 'hit the ground running' with minimal training. In return, we offer a competitive package, including a 20% contract completion bonus payable after the end of the fixed-term contract.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director and based at our Grantham facility, you'll be responsible for the preparation of Management Accounts for the Autocraft Solutions Group companies. You'll provide the management team and Directors with timely, accurate and relevant financial information in accordance with company policy and statutory obligations. You'll be responsible for management of the financial processes and systems of the Group to ensure efficient and effective financial controls are maintained at all times. The Group Management Accountant will also provide the group's payroll service, so solid experience of payroll systems is essential.
Autocraft Solutions Group, headquartered in Grantham, Lincolnshire, provides powertrain and engineering solutions to a global market. Autocraft Drivetrain Solutions provides engine assembly, conversion and modification, engine remanufacturing, and EV battery remanufacturing and assembly at our Grantham facility. Autocraft Machining Solutions in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, specialises in cylinder head/block machining. Vertex Engineering Solutions in Birmingham provides fixture design and manufacture, and low volume component machining.
Working Hours and RemunerationStaff Day Shift
Monday to Thursday 08 00-16 30, Friday 08 00-13 30. Given the seniority of this position, flexibility to work additional hours to meet statutory deadlines is required.Remuneration £50,000pa
on a fixed-term contract basis until 31/07/2022.Contract Completion Bonus
Additional 20% of contract remuneration paid following successful completion of contract through to 31/07/2022. (i.e. 14 months contract = £58,333 total remuneration will provide £11,666 completion bonus).Responsibilities
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and preparation of related management reports for Autocraft Drivetrain Solutions (Grantham) and overseeing the management accounts preparation for Autocraft Machining Solutions (Wellingborough)
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated MIS
- Provide input to the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and assist with the annual statutory audit
- Monthly reconciliation of appropriate nominal account balances
- Management of the AMS Site Accountant & the Payroll/Finance Assistant
- Assist the FD in the annual budgeting process
- Preparation and submission of quarterly Group VAT Return
- Administer all group pension schemes including compliance checks, redeclarations etc. Oversee the monthly group Pension analysis and submission to the Pension Provider
- To be responsible for overseeing, reconciling, and processing all payrolls within the Group
- Lead monthly reviews of open projects across the Group
- Monthly sales forecasting and progress tracking
- Develop accurate costing models and implement cost improvement initiatives
- Reconciliation and submission of quarterly Transport Recharge
- Assist FD with annual customer Price Reviews
- Implement comprehensive Asset Management System and project evaluation process
- Liaise with Banks, Auditors and Statutory bodies when appropriate
- Ad-hoc projects as an when required
- Contribute improvements to procedures and operating systems to increase the efficiency and financial performance of the Company
- Ideally operated previously at Financial Controller level or above
- Qualified Accountant - ACA/ACCA/ACMA
- At least 5 years Post-Qualified Experience
- Previous experience of working within a dynamic group
- Experience of working within manufacturing is desirable
- £50,000 pa depending on experience
- Interesting and fast-paced role within a growing and ambitious company
- Early finish on Fridays!