Meraki Talent are supporting with the appointment of a permanent Accountant based in Edinburgh for a financial services organisation paying £50,000 - £60,000 base salary plus excellent bonus potential and benefits. The Opportunity
The position of Accountant is within an extremely high-profile division of finance and will present the opportunity to get involved with several business-critical projects. It's a technical accounting position with the ability to deliver high quality accounting and regulatory advice absolutely paramount. The Candidate Profile
The role of Accountant requires a qualified individual with upwards of 2 years+ post qualification experience. This role would ideally fit one of two profiles:
- A strong technical Accountant operating within the financial services sector looking for a more senior position and excellent career progression opportunities
- An individual that operates within the Big Four facilitating a financial services portfolio and looking to make their first move out with practice
The position of Accountant will offer:
- £50,000 - £60,000 base salary
- Excellent bonus potential
- Fantastic pension contributions
- Other company benefits & perks
The role will begin as home working with all the necessary equipment and induction provided for a professional and efficient virtual on-boarding. Once normality resumes, the line manager is happy to commit to a flexible approach between home & office working.
You will be involved in not but not restricted to the following duties:
- Delivering high quality accounting and regulatory advice, insights and papers under IFRS and Solvency II for the regulated life companies
- The interpretation, impact assessment and implementation of new standards and changes to accounting standards and regulatory guidance for life companies
- Updates and alignment of the pro-forma financial statements of life companies for business changes and other financial reporting updates (including, alignment to the Group financial reports)
- Own the accounting policies for fair valuation of illiquid assets and oversee the controls and activities to this end in the Investment Accounting & Reporting Team
- Coordinate the narrative reporting for life companies under the Pillar 3 of Solvency II utilising support and input from other areas of the business.
- Manage project work to support the development of robust and effective financial reporting
- Maintain a high level of business accountancy knowledge and understanding of multiple different reporting basis
- Writing and presentation of papers for senior management in relation to controls and governance
To be considered for this vacancy, you must have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant with 2 years+ post qualification experience
- Direct or in-direct (Big Four) financial services sector experience - asset management, wealth management, banks, investments, insurance etc.
- Strong technical accounting exposure
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Please do not hesitate to contact John Gilbertson for a private & confidential discussion regarding this excellent opportunity.