This is a career-defining opportunity to join a fast growing, fun and ambitious team, helping to build a global consumer brand that changes the way the world fuels. Mission Overview
Mission is a high growth start up fuelling the world to achieve more than it thought possible. To achieve something extraordinary, we believe you need sustainable, natural energy and we've therefore created a range of innovative teas to fuel high performance.
Since launching in 2018 off the back of a 12,500km bike ride and world record setting run, we have gained multiple national awards, worked with hundreds of professional athletes and were one of the UK's fastest growing startups in 2020 with 850% YoY growth. Earlier this year we secured £1.6m in funding from the ex and current leadership teams of Brewdog, Hello Fresh, Kraft Cadbury, allplants, Butternut Box, Gumtree, Graze and Saatchi & Saatchi.
We are now bringing together a group of best in class operators to propel our business from scrappy start-up to an established household name. With plans for new sales channels, geographies and products in the near future, our big aim is to naturally and sustainably fuel one billion extraordinary moments with our unique and innovative products. Job Overview
Mission is looking for a one of a kind, best in class Content, Community + Partnerships Executive.
This is an exteremely wide ranging role and you'll see this as an exciting challenge to learn the ropes across all aspects of a start up business, especially within marketing.
We want to build our team in a fast and measured way so there will be an extremely high level of opportunity to progress quickly within the business if outperforming on your current roles.
It's particularly key that you're passionate about what we do and the products we create, as you'll often be the first point of contact for our customers, professional athletes and other partners that we work with.
Whilst you'll be able to show that you have a history of thriving in a challenging environment, we don't put too much emphasis on having the perfect CV - it's all about the person and their desire to succeed. Key Responsibilities
- Work daily with the Founder and Growth Marketing Lead on executing the content, community and partnerships strategy.
- Build and foster an extraordinary community of people wanting to push beyond their limits thorugh community groups, forums and events.
- Deeply understand our customer with daily interactions on their experience via email, phone and social media, reporting this back to the team in a data driven and commercial way.
- Help to create engaging and unique content across our website, social and email, giving our community meaningful inspiration and education.
- Help to create, manage and execute our marketing calendar, thinking differently and implementing unique and original ideas in a commercially driven way.
- Help to build, manage and execute our ambassador programme, regularly engaging with professional athletes and business leaders in a fun, timely and organised manner.
- Help to organise and lead events and guerilla marketing opportunities.
- When the time is right, lead your own sales accounts with wholesalers, stores, cafes, hotels and gyms.
- 'Special projects': PR, website updates, charity work (helping to reinforce our commitment of sustainability for people + planet) and a long list of other roles, mainly working directly with the Founder + leadership team to help develop and grow our business.
- Be willing to get stuck in on everything from customer service to small administrative tasks that pop up in a small business.
- In time, learn to manage your own team as you quickly progress your marketing and people skills with Mission.
Rewards / Benefits
- At least one year's experience in any of the above responsibilities.
- Proven history of achievement and resilience through adversity.
- You are keen to learn and progress fast in a hectic but fun start-up environment, always seeking feedback whenever possible.
- You are an incredible communicator with exceptional writing skills.
- Whilst learning from those around you, be willing to 'give it a go' and independently progress work to the best of your ability.
- You are incredibly passionate about the benefits of our product and believe in what we stand for - community first, extraordinary standards, sustainability for people + planet and always being 100% natural.
- Deep passion for nutrition, exercise, sports and wellness is essential.
- You are a true 'people person' and can sell to anyone, from new potential customers at events to premier league football players.
- You understand that community isn't just a daily Instagram post - it's about deeply understanding our customer and allowing them to be the hero of our story.
- You are naturally commercial and have a solid grasp of numbers.
- You are a self-starting grafter with a can-do attitude. You'll roll your sleeves up on any task for the team.
- You take pride in your work being the best it can be with good attention to detail, whilst also realising that sometimes done is better than perfect.
- You care for the people around you and are passionate about improving together.
- You bring positive energy into the room each time you walk into it.
We firmly believe that our success depends on the people that work here and the culture we create. With the aim of making Mission the best place in the world to work, we focus on giving the team all they need on:
- Ambition. Let people come to work to change the world.
- Reward. We believe that the whole team should own a piece of Mission and that packages (salary, pension, shares) should be highly competitive for committing to the cause.
- Rapid progression. As little hierarchy as possible to allow us all to challenge and improve each other. No time limits on promotions and a true meritocracy.
- Self Development. Regular sessions on work specific learning, inspiration and high performance with Mission's world class investors and ambassadors.
- Mental + Physical Health. Health insurance, fitness and therapy allowance for all of our team, plus regular team challenges and events.
- Challenge + Adventure. We will help to fund an extraordinary challenge or adventure for you after one year at Mission (from a world record attempt to your first half marathon - we don't care as long as it's something that scares you).
- Flexibility. Exercise where and when you want outside of key meetings. WFH 1-2 days per week.
- Family. A place to come and do what you love with people who share your values. Mission will have an appreciation of your personal ambitions and do all it can to help you achieve them.
- Extras. Obviously, a free supply of Mission products plus get to hang out with our office Golden Retriever and Mission Mascot, Zola.
- Discussion. This will constantly adapt and change to meet the wants and needs of our team to make them the happiest people possible when coming to work. What would you add?
- £25-35k annual salary + share options depending on experience and the candidate.
- Our office is based in a WeWork right next to Victoria Station, London - ideal for runs along the Thames and dog walks in Hyde Park.
- Timeline: Looking to hire and interview as soon as possible but we will wait for the right person.