F1000 Research, part of Taylor & Francis Group, is an Open Research publishing platform for scientists, scholars and clinicians offering rapid publication of articles and other research outputs without editorial bias. We are seeking to grow our communications team with an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Communications Executive. This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual with some previous experience working in communications or digital media to join an innovative publishing platform to plan, design and produce impactful, digital-first communications.What does the role involve?
Essential skills for success:
- Strategic and tactical management of our social media pages including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Researching and writing long form web, blog content and electronic Direct Mail content, plus human-interest features.
- Filming and editing short video clips & photos
- Driving improvements across all digital channels including web, social media and e-newsletters.
- Reporting on relevant metrics
- Owning and maintaining a content calendar to map out all key content pieces throughout the year (blogs, news articles, case studies) to support our brand and reputation and tell our story, ensuring collation of content at industry days and other key events
- Building a strong knowledge of F1000 Research and its benefits
- Building strong relationships with colleagues in other departments, through regular meetings, co-design of marketing and communications activities and providing expert advice.
Great additional skills:
- Good practical social media management experience (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram) including shaping social media strategy
- A proven passion for managing social media channels, understanding their strategic marketing capabilities and the ability to produce informative and creative social media content.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience writing for and understanding different audiences and channels
- A proven ability to write engaging short and long form content from Twitter posts to blogs and articles
- Experience providing analytics data including using Google and Twitter analytics
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail including accurate copy-editing and proofreading of text
- A curious and inquisitive mindset, with the ability to seek out the best stories and news pieces from across the business
- A good understanding of publishing systems and the scholarly ecosystem, including the key issues around Open Access, would be beneficial, although full training will be provided
- Experience managing dashboards and producing analytics
- Some experience editing photos and videos would also be useful
If this sounds like you, we would be delighted to receive your application. Please include a link to your portfolio or examples of your work (where applicable) within your CV or covering letter. What we offer in return:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (3 additional days at Christmas)
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development opportunities
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
This role will be based remotely from home although occasional travel to our offices in London and South Oxfordshire will be required.At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, well being and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.Closing date: 28/05/2021