BRAND NEW - URGENT
Assistant Company Secretary
Assistant Company Secretary, Slough, Berkshire
ICSA qualified - essential
Your new company
An opportunity has arisen within an international specialty-driven biopharmaceutical group focused on innovation and specialty care. The opportunity has arisen for a 3 month period, to cover an employee's maternity leave.
Your new role
The role will sit within the Legal department and primarily provide proactive, commercially focused corporate governance and entity management services to the UK business as well as assist the Global Corporate Governance Team on adhoc projects as required. The role will provide continuous improvement of processes and tools and will help shape and be part of my client's subsidiary governance and entity management in a broad, active and challenging international environment. This role will also support the wider UK and Ireland legal function from a process and governance perspective to ensure compliance with internal SOPs as well as external regulations, including the ABPI Code of Practice and IPHA. This role will also support other areas of the business (Finance, Comms) and will work closely with other Internal stakeholders including Ethics & Compliance, Purchasing, Medical and Regulatory teams. This role will support the coordination and administration of key processes within the business and it will also assist with the administration of the Contracts Process and generally ensuring all internal processes are followed compliantly.
What you'll need to succeed
- Responsible for all governance matters and management of legal entities in UK
- Responsible for the management of my client's Corporate structure in the region including organising and dissolving entities and ongoing compliance with local legal requirement
- Drafting and/or legal review of materials related to entities in the region including formation documents, board and shareholder meeting documentation and other compliance documentation
- Assist with corporate reorganisations, including asset or business transfers
- Manage timetable and process around dividend proposals, communication and payments
- Manages Board changes, business license renewals/registrations, Letter of Authorisation and Power of Attorney
- Coordinates with members of the regional and Global Finance teams to ensure entity compliance and local financial statement requirements including the creation and maintenance of annual compliance calendars and be the point of contact for all entity related queries
- Organising and preparing agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings, taking minutes and following up on matters from these meetings
- Maintain statutory registers for all UK companies and keep records relating to ownership of and directorship within the Group's international subsidiaries
- ICSA Qualified Company Secretary with previous experience of providing full range of Company Secretary Services including Agenda setting, committee management and minute taking
- Expert working knowledge of UK Corporate Governance Code alongside experience of interpreting legislation and guidance into organisational best practice
- Proven ability to shape and influence commercial decisions through own technical ability and providing practical and implementable advice and options
- Broad Practical knowledge of Companies Act 2006 and Corporate Governance Code
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self starter, able to work independently and remotely (possible 1-2 days in Slough, Berkshire, UK office to be confirmed if the contract is extended).
- Strong interpersonal skills - an approachable, professional communicator
- Strong time management & prioritisation skills
- Ability to clearly explain complicated terminology
- Pharmaceutical experience would be ideal however is not a prerequisite if experience is very strong.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.