3D Live Event Designer
Location: Stanmore, Middlesex
Salary: £30k - £40k
Reports to: Director of Production
Our client provides high quality lighting, audio, video and scenic solutions to the live events industry.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic 3D Live Event Designer to join their design team. The role will require a great degree of creativity, taking client briefs and turning them into exciting and engaging visual designs. Reporting to the Director of Production, you will assist in the creation of innovative 3D environments on projects ranging from prestigious private events to exhibitions, awards shows and film premieres.
The ideal candidate will have a background in design for exhibitions or live events. You must possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable working with both internal and external clients to service a diverse range of projects. You must be extremely proficient in producing 3D visualisations with a strong understanding of modelling, rendering, lighting, materials and applying graphics. You should also be comfortable creating and modifying 2D print artwork. You should be able to think and design conceptually and adapt to a wide range of briefs and styles. You will use these skills to create beautiful visuals, sketches, plans and moodboards to form strong pitches.
Proficiency in 3DS Max with Vray would be preferred however experience with other 3D software or a willingness to learn will be considered. You should also be a confident user of Adobe Creative Suite and a familiarity with Autocad will be beneficial. You should possess a basic working knowledge of construction techniques in timber, laminates, plastics, metal and fabric.
You must be enthusiastic, eloquent, well presented and extremely confident interacting with clients and team members alike. You must be able to thrive under pressure and work well as part of a wider team or using your own initiative. A methodical approach to work and a good sense of humour will be essential.
Due to the nature of the live events industry working hours will be flexible and may include occasional evening and weekend work. A full driving license will be beneficial.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a friendly and passionate team that thrives on a challenge. Teh company will reward you with a generous salary, opportunities for personal growth and a fun working environment with a group of people who care.
• Adopt a creative and innovative approach to all client briefs
• Reference a wide variety of styles to suit individual project requirements
• Interpret and develop project briefs to
• Attend site visits & client meetings as required to develop projects collaboratively
• Translate briefs into initial ideas and collaborate with internal specialists to ensure suitability and
• Develop 2D artwork and collateral to be integrated into 3D visuals
• Produce rendered 3D visuals to convey concepts to internal & external stakeholders
• Develop and amend 3D visuals in line with project evolution
• Assist the Scenic Team in translating 3D visuals into construction drawings
• Create print-ready 2D artwork for the Scenic Team
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and triage overlapping work requests collaboratively with the Project Management team
• Work to project deadlines and manage your time accordingly
• Adopt a creative approach to problem solving and adapt and react to changing circumstances at speed
• Seek to continually learn & grow your technical, artistic, creative & interpersonal skills
• Be comfortable asking for guidance & support when required
• Maintain a strong awareness of developing creative trends
• Be prepared to share your expertise to develop and grow other staff
• Ensure you are presentable at all times when face to face with clients
• Champion and promote best practice in all areas of project delivery
• Champion and promote best practice in all areas of Health & Safety
• Operate within all LPFS protocols and procedures
• Adopt a positive, can-do attitude to all challenges
• Support the Senior Leadership Team in developing processes and procedures to improve all aspects of the company's operations
• Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested
Keywords: 3D Live Event Designer, 3D Event Designer - Event Production, Meetings and Events Technology Services - Technical Event Planner, 3DSMax with Vray, Event Director, Event Producer, Events Assistant, Events Manager, Event Coordinator - Live Events
Right & Square Recruitment is an employment agency and employment business