The role requires you to:
- Effectively undertake office-based representation in ET cases and early conciliation matters;
- Follow processes in relation to ET risk management;
- Attend ET preliminary hearings if / when required;
- Maintain strong working relationships with staff and current / prospective clients.
What you Bring to the Team:
- Provides appropriate advice to clients on employment tribunal matters and maintains effective communications with clients.
- Enters proper pleadings, ensuring all relevant legal arguments are presented.
- Deals with interlocutory matters in accordance with tribunal rules, including disclosure and bundle preparation.
- Complies fully with insurance / Claims Department requirements.
- Complies with departmental tribunal operating and risk management procedures.
- Undertakes risk assessment of cases raising red flags as required.
- Negotiates settlements on behalf of clients as appropriate.
- Effectively represents clients in early conciliation matters.
- Drafts settlement agreements for clients as and when required.
- Takes responsibility for development of skills / knowledge through appropriate reading.
- Attends Company internal training days as required.
- Provides support to sales and marketing colleagues as and when required to do so.
- Remains alert to possibilities for securing additional consultancy revenue and achieves lead generation targets.
- Manages time effectively to provide an effective and efficient service to clients.
- Carries out any other tasks deemed necessary by the management team.
- Relevant professional qualification or degree.
- Sound broad-based legal knowledge, preferably including good working knowledge of employment law.
- Some experience of giving employment law advice / conducting employment litigation is preferred but not essential.
- Potential to develop into full advocate role.
- Communication skills - good oral, written and computer skills.
- Commercial awareness - alert to on-sell/up-sell opportunities with strong customer focus.
- An ability to work in a fast paced, adaptable environment.
- Strong time management skills and strong ability to multi skill.
- A dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.